Cup run or promotion ? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cup run or promotion ?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I don't think it's an either or question and thankfully I think we have a manager who agrees. Adams is a hugely competitive football man who sets out to win every game, we've seen as much with the Football League Trophy and his persistence with very strong 11s (partially to our own loss injury wise).

I want to see us out of this division and into League 1, equally I want to see us getting as far as possible in the FA Cup possibly ending in a plum tie. We can't pick and choose, we could lose to Newport on Saturday by resting our team and still not go up.

Try and win them all, why limit yourself to just one success a season?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Let's face it, there is no guarantee of either. If there was, I would say top 3 in League 2, but there isn't, so I go along with DA's normal strategy and say "try to win every game" and see where it gets us.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
davie nine":2zmoqumu said:
Let's face it, there is no guarantee of either. If there was, I would say top 3 in League 2, but there isn't, so I go along with DA's normal strategy and say "try to win every game" and see where it gets us.

If that was his normal strategy would he not be starting on the front foot at home and throwing on offensive subs if we weren't winning at home? :think:

The reality IS neither are certain.

The reality IS winning promotion IS more likely than winning the FA Cup - at the moment.

The dream IS beating Newport tomorrow and coining a big draw in the Third Round.

A home draw and a replay at a big Premier League venue with a full house ?

££££££££££ et al ?

That unbudgeted income COULD swing us the other desire - promotion ?

So, one dream could finance the other reality ?

We CAN have both - I WAS at Villa Park when we came SO close - it CAN happen again.

I am NOT saying it will but .........

Wish upon a star ?

Good luck tomorrow and safe journey to The Green Army and Newport fans - wherever you are.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Pogleswoody":3onx0xgl said:
davie nine":3onx0xgl said:

If that was his normal strategy would he not be starting on the front foot at home and throwing on offensive subs if we weren't winning at home? :think:
You may not agree with his normal strategy at home, but the strategy of most teams coming to Home Park is probably to defend in depth and hope to sneak a win with a few counter attacks.

Are you suggesting that DA's normal home strategy is to draw or not lose?

Only 3 teams have won more games than Argyle at home this season. Ironically, the only 2 teams that get near our away record are Exeter (in 21st position) and Notts County (19th).

May 16, 2016
Yet to play Newport again, any changes of mind ?

Financial benefits are obvious but I've still not changed my mind.