Darren Ferguson 'that's it now,Plymouth will win the league' | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Darren Ferguson 'that's it now,Plymouth will win the league'

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":3q27vzlz said:
<Cough>

wAeXlJh.jpg

Sent to me by a Pasoti'ite who attended the Keepmoat today!

Certainly peed on their parade. Shows what the FA think of Argyle. It's not over till it's over. :funny:

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
This is very much up for grabs. Mind games yes! I don't want to finish with Pompey winning it and I don't know why. Come on Argyle!

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Mike Greening":1gnwjrel said:
Shows what the FA think of Argyle.
Well - no. Just no. And Verte - an own goal? How?

It was quite possible that Doncaster would win the title today, while it was impossible for Argyle to do so. As Arg1le said: of course it was going to be there.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argy1e":15icx912 said:
Verte":15icx912 said:
oh dear. Thats an own goal on so many levels.
Is it? They could have won the title today, of course this was going to be there.

True. But it could have been kept out of sight until needed rather than have it pitch side.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
PL2 3DQ":2egavf83 said:
Argy1e":2egavf83 said:
Verte":2egavf83 said:
oh dear. Thats an own goal on so many levels.
Is it? They could have won the title today, of course this was going to be there.

True. But it could have been kept out of sight until needed rather than have it pitch side.
Good point, although the ground looks quite empty and the picture looks like it's been taken through glass, so presumably from Hospitality. I imagine they'll have been told they need to put it on the pitch pre game just so everyone knew the drill should it be needed, as stupid as that sounds and they might have been hiding it away again at this point.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
they will need to hide three away next week then....

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Mike Greening":1scgbrco said:
IJN":1scgbrco said:
<Cough>

wAeXlJh.jpg

Sent to me by a Pasoti'ite who attended the Keepmoat today!

Certainly pi$$ed on their parade. Shows what the FA think of Argyle. It's not over till it's over. :funny:
Nothing at all to do with the FA. The EFL run this competition. Doncaster were the only one of the top three who had a chance of winning it outright today. Makes absolute sense to have prepared. Had the roles been reversed and Argyle and Doncaster's positions and points were reversed, that sign would have been at HP today.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
greencard":2tw4rbyb said:
gaspargomez":2tw4rbyb said:
Psychology. The bookmakers still have Doncaster as clear favourites.
Skybet don't. Argyle 1.73, Donny 3.25, Pompey 4.5
To be honest I think Pompey's price is good value. They have the easiest game by far - at home to a mid table side in their form is as close to a nailed on 3 points as you can get. That means them hoping neither us or Donny get a win - unlikely but both away quite conceivable. I reckon they have a better chance than Donny - Hartlepool fighting for their lives and them choking. Very unusual for bookies to give decent odds for Pompey.

Whatever - we're in the driving seat - COYGs!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 15, 2005
He seemed a genuinely decent guy in that they lost a game they expected to get something from. Yes he transferred some pressure to us but it's in our hands and let's go and do it!!!!

Apr 13, 2016
I would imagine they will have one of those at three grounds next week!
Makes for an exciting end to a season that frankly 4 weeks ago was done.
We have not been top all season.
A last minute winner to go top for Pompey!
We are all set then lol

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Pop1eye":vhg2i4zj said:
I would imagine they will have one of those at three grounds next week!
Makes for an exciting end to a season that frankly 4 weeks ago was done.
We have not been top all season.
A last minute winner to go top for Pompey!
We are all set then lol
It might be that there's only one at Fratton. You don't get presented the trophy at the game if you're at home, which means you're the only one of the three that would have a potential need for it.

Apr 13, 2016
I wonder if a team has ever won a title by going top on the final day?
Saturday is a historic day then! Lol

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Must have happened. Torquay once got out of the bottom division by being in the promotion places for just 16 minutes the whole season, ie. last quarter of the last game.