Dave Smith RIP | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dave Smith RIP

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
So sad, what a horrible week.

I was at Elm Park, Reading, in 1987/88 when we won one nil in August to go top of the old second division (just two seasons after the 4 v 3 nightmare). We scored in injury time in the first half and Ciderman was reportedly already inside making the half time tea. Apparently, no one told him we were one nil up and, with about 10 minutes to go, and to the astonishment of my late dad and myself, he brought on an attacker! Thank goodness we held out!

Great memory Ciderman. Great Argyle manager. RIP

ps I have no idea if the above story about Dave making the tea is true, but this was what I was told the next day.
I'm pretty sure it's true.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
What horrible news.

I absolutely loved and adored Dave. I was part of his soccer school for so, so many years as a kid. He taught me so much.

One of the most kindest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. An absolute gentleman.

Thank you for all you did for me Dave.

Jul 10, 2022
Very sad news a real character and the team of 1986/1987 was really good to watch. God bless you Dave.

Feb 13, 2021
One of our finest manager's. I first came across his name when he was the successful coach at Newcastle United during their heady days in the inter cities fairs cup era. A great character and will always remembered. RIP Cider Man.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
RIP Ciderman.

Legendary status is not easy to achieve.

You Sir, achieved it in spade loads.

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
He wasn't manager for the first game I went to, as I was too young to really engage with it, so was probably only three or four, but he was my first manager - the guy in charge when I was developing my relationship with the club. Extremely likeable man that I was so sorry to see go. Did a great job too

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
A great and popular manager. He might have been the one to take us to the promised land if his home town club, Dundee, hadn't come in for him. RIP Dave. Thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Reactions: Landsender