David Goodwillie ruling (not available for team selection) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

David Goodwillie ruling (not available for team selection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2004
Argyle would be well within their rights to sack him.Balance of probabilities is all that an employment tribunal requires,no tribunal would ever dispute a Judges decision.That does not of course mean Argyle have to sack him,if it was my decision, he would be sacked.For so many reasons we could do without the future aggro involved in keeping him.Nothing difficult about this decision,GET RID.

May 8, 2011
ealinggreen":2pobp0jy said:
Argyle would be well within their rights to sack him.Balance of probabilities is all that an employment tribunal requires,no tribunal would ever dispute a Judges decision.That does not of course mean Argyle have to sack him,if it was my decision, he would be sacked.For so many reasons we could do without the future aggro involved in keeping him.Nothing difficult about this decision,GET RID.

As the civil case started in 2013 Argyle would have known when they signed him of the possible outcomes.

Nov 2, 2004
Completely irrelevant to the tribunal decision.At the time of the employment he was entitled to claim innocence,he no longer is.This is not a legal quandary just a moral decision.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
ealinggreen":3ifil6rl said:
Nothing difficult about this decision,GET RID.

Nothing difficult? Words fail me :facepalm:

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
ealinggreen":2se9c7b5 said:
Completely irrelevant to the tribunal decision.At the time of the employment he was entitled to claim innocence,he no longer is.This is not a legal quandary just a moral decision.

He is innocent, though, in law. That's the dilemma. And what contributes to it being such a difficult decision.

Jul 29, 2010
Biggs":wr68ky19 said:
IJN":wr68ky19 said:
The club have done exactly the right thing.

There's no need to knee jerk, no need to do anything but study what is front of them.

I see the usual 'young lads', Argyle fans giving it large on Twitter, getting embroiled in stupid debate.

This needs to be handled gently and sympathetically and ALL parties must be thought of.

Whatever the decision, it certainly needn't be rushed and it definitely doesn't need to take into account the populous comments on Social Media.

It doesn't have to be the easy decision either, it simply has to be the right one.

Spot on. I searched 'Goodwillie' on Twitter yesterday and had a quick look at the comments. It was enough to make me feel a little sick and very, very depressed.

Social media gives the stupidest and most dangerous people a platform. Most look quite ordinary in their profile pictures, too. Scary.
Been saying it for years, facetw@tter is the chugnut encrusted hoop through which humanity will eventually disappear :thumbdown:

Nov 2, 2004
Biggs":37x9104b said:
ealinggreen":37x9104b said:

Ah the face palm with no opinion,very clever.It is simple we have lots of young girls and Woman supporting Argyle.It would be an insult to all of them to not sack him.Your opinion is what exactly?I forgot words fail you.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
ealinggreen":15ica9a1 said:
Biggs":15ica9a1 said:
ealinggreen":15ica9a1 said:

Ah the face palm with no opinion,very clever.It is simple we have lots of young girls and Woman supporting Argyle.It would be an insult to all of them to not sack him.Your opinion is what exactly?I forgot words fail you.

Have a look at the thread for my opinion, I've posted too much on this already. Sounds like you should either get back on Twitter or have a lie down though.

You can obviously have an opinion either way, but to suggest that there is nothing difficult about such a complex situation is ridiculous unless you see everything in black and white.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
The hypocrisy by some on here leaves me gobsmacked.

I think Ian summed it up quite well. This needs to be dealt with quite delicately.

Here you have a man who maintains his innocence, having spent all his fortune paying lawyers defending himself and is willing to go to appeal against this decision, a decision which is the first of its kind in the UK!
Yet some on here want him sacked? Since when have we become so Empirical in our attitudes?
If we are going down the road of morals then you are opening a whole can of worms regarding ALL parties. For starters where do you base your morals?

Personally I think the mods should lock this thread down until the club have made their decision. I for one believe the club should stand by him and trust DA's judge of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.