Deane Smalley | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Deane Smalley

Jun 8, 2014
Cobi Budge.":1si5ywbm said:
Emu":1si5ywbm said:
Can't see Smalley troubling the current first eleven, even when fit.
It wasn't as if he was earth shatteringly decent before the injury.

It's hard to judge a player properly when he never really got a run of games. Coming on for a few minutes a game doesn't give a player much of a chance to impose themselves. I thought when he started games (Cambridge, Wycombe & especially Swindon) he did very well, also changed the way we attacked away at Burton.

I admit he's no world beater but people are too harsh IMO.

So when he doesn't get a run of games it's not his fault he's useless, but when Harvey doesn't it's Harvey's fault he's useless?

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Thank you for the link to that, I forgot quite how clear the article made it sound. On that particular cobi reference I would like to add a D option and say

'd, you were correct based on the initial report'

Finally, I was at the q & a and could see how Derek's response could be taken in the way cobi has, but I personally saw it as a clever manager not getting drawn on a single players development and giving a generalised response (also keeping in mind at that point Derek had only worked with the players for 3 weeks or something like that)

I get drawn into these discussions because you couldn't meet a nicer young chap than Mr Harvey. No attitude or arrogance whatsoever. I'm in the camp that any decision is purely football related and both the last two managers have seen him as not quite first 11, but worthy of 18. If there was a problem, I doubt he'd be there.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
Paven":wo6wv5qb said:
Gloucester Green":wo6wv5qb said:
plymouthboyuk":wo6wv5qb said:
No rush, we have Brunt whose going to out score Rubén Reid this season apparently

I'll give a massive bite if people didn't hide behind faceless forums and discussed things like real human beings ... Mines a Giant Ivor

Think you'll find Brunts role is to set up the goals just like he did on Saturday (the only goal of the game so a vital lay off) as he is a Centre Forward and not a goal scoring striker. However he now has more goals and assists than Reid this season

Aaaaaaand we have our first nibble.

Jul 2, 2014
Lew1988":35cid6o6 said:
Loan to Torquay for 3 months and put Rooney on bench :thumbs:

I agree 100% Tyler needs regular playing time to develop, more than reserve games - a loan spell could be the best thing for him over the long run - 10-20 games to return a player capable to starting ahead of the considerable talent that we do have.

Mar 14, 2009
I look forward to the return of Smalley because I don't think he is as bad as some make out.

It's the Brunt situation all over again.

The thing I remember about Smalley is when playing wide right he often would win the ball in the air. I think he will be useful to have because we might need to have Jervis down the middle. Also it another physical type, who can play in a two upfront.

Brunt looks better under Adams and I'm sure Smalley will be the same.

Oct 5, 2013
Mdgreener":1781rmml said:
Lew1988":1781rmml said:

I agree 100% Tyler needs regular playing time to develop, more than reserve games - a loan spell could be the best thing for him over the long run - 10-20 games to return a player capable to starting ahead of the considerable talent that we do have.

I agree too, 5 minutes at the end of Stevenage game hardly gives a chance to shine. Can't personally understand why was not given 20 mins, or even 10! DA must consider him good enough for team, otherwise why on bench at all?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Mdgreener":19o9kz7z said:
Lew1988":19o9kz7z said:

Didn't work when he was loaned out to Salisbury. Jervis and Tanner are more likely to start as the loan striker and he has little pace so can't see him in any other role. Smalley (when fit) and Rooney have more chance of starting.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
earl grey":iokahksg said:
Cobi Budge.":iokahksg said:
I think he'll get onto the bench ahead of Harvey. Smalley is a decent footballer for this level & will be hungry after such a long time out.

Unless he proves himself soon, I don't think Tyler will have a career in professional football, Sheridan said he wasn't working hard enough in training, DA hinted at it during the Q & A, he clearly has potential, but perhaps he just needs to pull his finger out, is it possible the hero status he was given by fans a couple years ago just inflated his ego?

Just as I did last time I saw that you had posted something like this I'm going to ask you to supply links to these quotes (evidence) you didn't do it last time so maybe you will this time.
Just for the record I am currently in the frame of mind that you are either a) mistaken, b) misinformed of c) talking garbage. I wait to be corrected.
Brett

Apologies due to young Cobi I believe your Earlship! Someone else has posted the link already, but here you go http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Tyler-H ... story.html

Oct 5, 2013
Old Gunner":2xa9n08c said:
earl grey":2xa9n08c said:
Cobi Budge.":2xa9n08c said:
I think he'll get onto the bench ahead of Harvey. Smalley is a decent footballer for this level & will be hungry after such a long time out.

Unless he proves himself soon, I don't think Tyler will have a career in professional football, Sheridan said he wasn't working hard enough in training, DA hinted at it during the Q & A, he clearly has potential, but perhaps he just needs to pull his finger out, is it possible the hero status he was given by fans a couple years ago just inflated his ego?

Just as I did last time I saw that you had posted something like this I'm going to ask you to supply links to these quotes (evidence) you didn't do it last time so maybe you will this time.
Just for the record I am currently in the frame of mind that you are either a) mistaken, b) misinformed of c) talking garbage. I wait to be corrected.
Brett

Apologies due to young Cobi I believe your Earlship! Someone else has posted the link already, but here you go http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Tyler-H ... story.html

Looks like JS and DA may share pretty much the same view of Tyler!

P

pafcstafford

Add in Salisbury never saw fit to make himba regular or ever went back in for him