Despondency up the road | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Despondency up the road

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Just spent a while looking at exeweb, they aint happy, but hats off to p6steve on there for having a go at his fellow Exeter fans for the 45 minutes of terrible abuse of Luke McCormick

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
pearces greens":oofurj6b said:
Just spent a while looking at exeweb, they aint happy, but hats off to p6steve on there for having a go at his fellow Exeter fans for the 45 minutes of terrible abuse of Luke McCormick
Heard from someone on the big bank yesterday that when Luke approached the goal area in the first half, the howls of abuse raining down on him and he just kissed the badge! :scarf:

Apr 12, 2016
Must confess to a slight chuckle looking at the thread list on exe web. The 'Tisdale Must Go' thread page selection options read 1,2,3...421

:shock:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Bump!

And long may it continue.

"That's why you're going down,
That's why you're going down,
That's why going doing down,
That's why you going down".

"He won't score for you,
He won't score for you,
He's Argyle's finest,
Reuben won't score for you".

Apr 12, 2016
Since I Was 33":3dvmp5gi said:
Must confess to a slight chuckle looking at the thread list on exe web. The 'Tisdale Must Go' thread page selection options read 1,2,3...421

The thread now reads 1,2,3....445. A staggering 255,000 views almost.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Since I Was 33":u6vffv0v said:
Since I Was 33":u6vffv0v said:

The thread now reads 1,2,3....445. A staggering 255,000 views almost.

If Tisdale had a £ for every view!

LG":3fk28t1q said:
pearces greens":3fk28t1q said:
Heard from someone on the big bank yesterday that when Luke approached the goal area in the first half, the howls of abuse raining down on him and he just kissed the badge! :scarf:
I have to confess that I joined the exeweb site the other day so I could post a riposte to the city fan who claimed that the abuse hurled at Luke was a rare event. I remember being sickened on my first visit to Sid James when I moved down here in the eighties. They were playing Newport, and a sizeable number of numpties kept chanting 'Aberfan,Aberfan'. To make fun of the death of 120 children is absolutely beyond belief.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
mervyn":1xvhovvm said:
LG":1xvhovvm said:
pearces greens":1xvhovvm said:
I have to confess that I joined the exeweb site the other day so I could post a riposte to the city fan who claimed that the abuse hurled at Luke was a rare event. I remember being sickened on my first visit to Sid James when I moved down here in the eighties. They were playing Newport, and a sizeable number of numpties kept chanting 'Aberfan,Aberfan'. To make fun of the death of 120 children is absolutely beyond belief.

I did read that and I think on the whole the Luke McCormick thing has run it's course with the exception of a few who will never change.

It is something that rankles with me, the number of PASOTI ITES that object to our ribbing and schadenfraude of our friends in the north when really we're very restrained in comparison to some Exwebers. No matter, I can recognise a relegation season when I see it so it's goodbye to them at season's end no doubt. They can then pollute the none league forums and newspaper and leave the big boys in peace.

Aug 5, 2016
I don't think they can afford to.

He's earning more money than any of their players, and they would owe him two years of his rolling contract.

Then they would have to hire another manager, and then pay him, and potentially bring all his backroom staff. Pay off the old backroom staff.

And there is no certainty that the new set up would be any better. Tisdale after all isn't a bad manager, he's just bleeding the club dry with those terms.

Exeter at the end of the day isn't a big club. Their players are hardly top of the league boys earning top of the league wages. What right have their fans to expect comfortably to be clear of the drop?

They had one season in the top half of League One and I'm sure they still believe it is their natural level.