Devon XI - Matchday Thread | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Devon XI - Matchday Thread

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
There was a job on the USS Enterprise for someone - relaying what the computer said......

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Don't thank me thank Jak Ball from the Herald, i'm just passing his posts onwards

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
7-0 Ryan again

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
That is it! Full-time! 7-0 to Argyle. Ainsworth (2), Fletcher (2), Ryan (2) and Battle got the goals.

Nov 9, 2008
Impressed with some of the young lads tonight. Sangster ran the game, especially in the second half. He looks to be a good prospect- intelligent player in the middle of midfield.

C

centralgreen

Excellent game
Argyle youngsters looked well drilled. And played full of confidence

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
mde203":1ctia0e5 said:
Impressed with some of the young lads tonight. Sangster ran the game, especially in the second half. He looks to be a good prospect- intelligent player in the middle of midfield.

It is good to read yet another honourable mention of the lad.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":27nj7159 said:
mde203":27nj7159 said:

It is good to read yet another honourable mention of the lad.

Question is, will he be given a chance during the season.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Ottawa Green":14qzabyu said:
6-0

Alex Fletcher almost added his third but Chris Wright made a superb finger. And then Alex Battle scores a craking goal. He picked the ball up from about 20 yards out and thumped it in off the crossbar.

Is that not ungentlemanly conduct? Must have been worthy of a yellow card if it was that good!

:lol:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
mde203":3pw8vab7 said:

Considering this comment of yours on another thread tonight, it appears that 'some of our young lads', particularly Cameron Sangster, have slipped through the Exeter net.

Exeter tend to also treat their early academy players better than we do. I teach in Newton Abbot and have had kids go through both systems. Exeter tend to let their youngest players still play for their old clubs etc while Plymouth are much more restrictive of what their youngsters can and can't do.
I know that how they treat 10 and 11 year olds won't make much difference with this, but if the brightest young players choose City because they know they'll be treated better at that age, they'll be more likely to stay there as they advance through that system.

Feb 28, 2016
Ade the green":1raao9vp said:
So out of interest, who represented Devon FA XI? Was this a youth team or was it men and who do they play for?

It is blokes and from across the SWPL and from clubs higher up like Tiverton, Barnstaple and Bideford, I assume they are selected by old men in blue blazers who you always see around Coach Road bit like an England call up I think they do class it as a cap going by some pre match ceremony they made.

Might seem strange considering it was 7-0 but I thought the keeper had a good game could have been a few more, Battle and Fletcher know each others games inside out and were linking up well, just highlights how much of an anomaly him not being on a full professional contract he is having a great pre season so far and is really making a point and good luck to the lad certainly got goal of the night for my money.

Great to see Sam Ryan come on and score 2 goals as a second half sub. He is another one who really needed to hit the ground running this season, only being on a 6 month contract, I hope he can really push on from here now, this will do wonders for his confidence. I hope he goes on to get some sort of offer at Christmas because if I could just pick up a career as professional footballer and just hand it to someone, it would be Sam I would give it to.

Nice to see Fletcher get off the mark, I think he needed that so hopefully now he will be banging them in left, right and centre for a the next few months.

Thought Grant is greedy really don't rate him from what I've seen so far. Ainsworth played well and good to see Bradley back. I don't like how when the players come out before the warm up how the professionals (except Bentley and Fletcher) stood 20 yards away from the academy/development lads and its not the first time I've seen them do it, seem to separate themselves. Apart from that I enjoyed it despite the rain, nice to catch up with Ben Steer and I was a bit gutted he didn't score for Devon I would have liked to have seen that. Always thought it would be a high scoring game as these lads would have been up for it and confident. They know they've played against a lot of the blokes before and all know every blade of grass on that pitch. First team management and a sizable crowd (by their standards) watching. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the fact the game really picked up when the senior pros were replaced by apprentices!