Dewsnip = Win Nance = Lose | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dewsnip = Win Nance = Lose

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
7 goals in 13 from the 3-0 reverse at home to west brom on 20 february

The issues are clear and regrettably trace back to our excellent ( thus far ) chairman and his director of football

Now I'm not suggesting that our chairman should go, because I think hes been excellent for the club...
Just as well, because he may want to take his ball with him...

Reactions: memory man
Feb 8, 2005
Harsh to blame the chairman, as you say

But then again if hes being given bad advice, time perhaps to get a different advisor ?
Advice on what?

Hallett was the one that commented about the 'Plymouth way' of playing and how anyone in charge of the first team should produce forward thinking at all times.

I'm not in favour of this literally being the way we should play, there are times when we should strive to attack the opposition, and there are times when we should try to shut up shop, but there should be measured tactical plans according to who we are playing and how the game is being played.

A change in tactics during play can be refreshingly helpful, and that is one area that Shuey was successful in. However, a change for change sake is not necessarily advantageous, unless it is to be productive in challenging the opposition tactics.

The new manager/coach should be given instructions to create a team similar to the one we had before Shuey ripped the heart out of the club, but with the instructions that they were to go forward as a team and also to defend as a team when appropriate. Shuey was far too gung-ho. If we went a goal up against the opposition we were still going flat out to score more which gave the opposition the opportunity to strike at the heart of our defence and to score at will at times when we went forward with gay abandon, leaving the defence without cover for the inevitable counter attack from the opposition which usually resulted in us letting in a goal.

There are times to attack and there are times to defend and the manager/coach should be given the opportunity to do both, but only when appropriate. Maybe Shuey was too naieve to appreciate the difference. Had we kept a few clean sheets maybe he could have fallen back onto defending for once.

Of course this did not apply after Shuey left as we didn't have the personnel to get forward anyway, so we have defended as best as we can, but there are so many better quality teams out there to make life difficult for us in the first place, that it is inevitable that we find ourselves in our current position.

It is of no benefit to suddenly say that we have never been in the bottom three all season, when we could drop into the bottom three after the last match of the season has been played, but then again I will reiterate that we could just as easily be defeated by Hull and still stay up.

A point is no good for Birmingham, they will still be behind us, they have to win the match. A point will be no good for us, there is no advantage in us getting a point, but it is imperative that Birmingham get the win to avoid the drop. That will be their only objective against a club that are already assured of being in the play-offs.

If we get beat, we get beat, but we can still stay up, even in that scenario.

Reactions: saxman

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I did ask on the chat to get subs on earlier but we seemed to eant to settle for a point. The issue is if we did bring subs on earlier and lost then people would still moan. Butni am a firm believer in subs around the 60-65 mark. If anything for fresh legs.
The whole teams morale is in the dumps you can see that. And its to be expected when your constantly losing and not scoring.
Many years ago I managed a team at local level. By some miracle we were quite successful but I did find in the bigger, most important games that using the substitute was an tricky decision. And I found it particularly difficult at 0-0 when we were under the cosh but holding our own, or even when we were on top but couldn't score. My worry actually increased when defending at 0-0 and under pressure, because I was always reluctant to interfere with rhythm and concentration.

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
This joint manager press conferences seem a little predictable these days win= Dews lose = Nance
The subs today were poo we should be making positive changes when on top notch a triple change after going one down
Lost to an average Milwall side we would have beat if we played away in August
Is Dewsnip's post Stoke reaction the exception that proves the rule? I'm also pretty sure in his first spell with Nance the only match we lost was Saoinst away and certainly he did the post-match reaction for that.

Oct 10, 2018
Millwall are an established Champ side not to be underestimated , very hard to draw against let alone win. All this average side stuff is bollcks tbh.
Totally agree, people have short memories Millwall we're in playoffs of Championship season before last.

tavigreen

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 19, 2009
Millwall were a well drilled side who already beat us at HP, in more ways than one. That was their 5th home win out of the last 6, the other being a draw, I felt we'd be lucky to get a point up there and came close to it. As for press conferences, Neil faced the press after the Stoke game so I don't buy this narrative that Nance gets put out as some sort of shield against blame when we lose.

Jan 6, 2004
Totally agree, people have short memories Millwall we're in playoffs of Championship season before last.
Every side except Rotherham is better than us so we have to defy the odds (i.e to play above ourselves why the opposition play below themselves or get lucky) to get anything from games. I did not like the set up on Saturday but it nearly worked to get us a point that would have meant that we only would have needed a point tomorrow. The problem is not Dewsnip, the problem is that the squad is not up to championship standard and Morgan and Hardie are no longer performing miracles to paper over the cracks.

Reactions: saxman and jimsing
Mar 23, 2013
How anybody can defend Dewsnip is behind comprehensionā€¦. Nothing wrong with the guy but the arragonce to take this on is off the scaleā€¦. No other club in this league would put a suited ex PE teacher whoā€™s NEVER MANAGED in charge of keeping a club in the best and probably the most difficult League in the world ā€¦ i canā€™t cook but I wouldnā€™t apply to be a restaurant chefā€¦.unless deludedā€¦if we go down itā€™s this reason only ā€¦. ITS amateur at best ā€¦. Maybe a nice guy but please get him out of the clubā€¦.heā€™s dangerous .

Feb 15, 2005
I still donā€™t get how Dewsnip is employed at Argyle, he has only coached at England youth level prior to HP. He has no experience of managing/coaching in the senior game and yet we have placed trust in him to get us out of the mire twice. It strikes me he is the cheap option which is likely to cost us our stay at this level. If we do stay up or not then Iā€™m not convinced he has a role to play going forward.

Feb 8, 2005
Dewsnip has been Director of Football with us from the off. From the depths of the bottom division to the highs of promotion to the Championship. He hasn't done a bad job, has he?

You are looking for a scapegoat to pin all our problems on. You are trying to find fault where there is no fault. Why does this society have to create a fault when there is none? Why does someone have to be at fault?

Circumstances have dictated that we are where we are.

We have the lowest of budgets in this league, we cannot spend as much as other clubs, we cannot get as good a player as other clubs. We need to spend what we have better then them. We need to outthink them.

Why do we need to have a scapegoat when we knew it was going to be a difficult season anyway? We knew that this might be the position we could find ourselves in. Stop trying to apportion blame.

Get off Dewsnip's back. He's done nothing wrong. He was asked, as was Nance, to put his head above the parapet and help out the club in its hour of need.

Call yourselves supporters??? Take a good look in the mirror if I was you.

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I still donā€™t get how Dewsnip is employed at Argyle, he has only coached at England youth level prior to HP. He has no experience of managing/coaching in the senior game and yet we have placed trust in him to get us out of the mire twice. It strikes me he is the cheap option which is likely to cost us our stay at this level. If we do stay up or not then Iā€™m not convinced he has a role to play going forward.
Those are two pretty strong statements. Where was this kind of criticism when we won two promotions? Indeed, where was it before Schumacher took down the foundations of what Neil Dewsnip had helped build. I didn't see any posts congratulating Schumacher for getting promoted with 101 points 'despite having someone like Dewsnip at Home Park'.

tavigreen

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 19, 2009
How anybody can defend Dewsnip is behind comprehensionā€¦. Nothing wrong with the guy but the arragonce to take this on is off the scaleā€¦. No other club in this league would put a suited ex PE teacher whoā€™s NEVER MANAGED in charge of keeping a club in the best and probably the most difficult League in the world ā€¦ i canā€™t cook but I wouldnā€™t apply to be a restaurant chefā€¦.unless deludedā€¦if we go down itā€™s this reason only ā€¦. ITS amateur at best ā€¦. Maybe a nice guy but please get him out of the clubā€¦.heā€™s dangerous .
You could also call him an ex Everton academy coach of 17 years as well as a PE teacher. Iā€™m sure he was a good PE teacher, but letā€™s not ignore the fact that he has helped to develop some of the best talents out of Liverpool in recent years. Perhaps he can help develop some future Janners with our new facilities over the next decade. I read somewhere that Joey Barton dislikes him too which frankly tells you all you need to know.

The Doctor

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I did ask on the chat to get subs on earlier but we seemed to eant to settle for a point. The issue is if we did bring subs on earlier and lost then people would still moan. Butni am a firm believer in subs around the 60-65 mark. If anything for fresh legs.
The whole teams morale is in the dumps you can see that. And its to be expected when your constantly losing and not scoring.
It would probably make sense for you to contact the management team directly with suggestions about things like in-play changes to tactics and formation or timing of substitutions as I suspect they don't follow PASOTI chat during games... ;)