Do we need another Midfielder (not just a Striker)? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do we need another Midfielder (not just a Striker)?

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Thanks Argy1e i did actually mean Donny away!

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Thought I'd refresh this seeing Yanns arrival coincided with the tide turning today. He has limitations but not good enough for league one - don't make I laugh

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
Voice_of_Reason":at1kqil8 said:
Are we basing the Yann's not good enough for League 1 midfield on the basis of one poor game against a Championship side?
In my view he had his best games last season against the better sides in the League. He is never going to be a brilliant ball playing midfielder, but there will be times when we need a tough tackling no nonsense player just to protect the back 4 - that is a job he can do. So let's not label as not good enough, there will be times we will need the abilities he brings, just as we will Blisset, Miller and Wylde despite their lack of popularity. He might never be the first name on the team sheet, but DA often plays to soak up pressure, or plays to hold onto a lead, so we will need Yann as a midfielder on occasions.

E.g. At Southend, where he took the midfield by the scruff of the neck, enabling the ball to get to the front men.

Nov 22, 2006
I see Adams has said he still after 2, one a striker (Ciftci ?), would the other one be a midfielder, I do like both Fox and Sarcevic both are good footballers but have limitations, Ness I feel could be a good player for us but his fitness I feel will constantly be in question, Songo'o shouldn't be in the starting 11 in midfield for me, another midfielder would be a good option to have

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Carey, Sarcavic, Fox, Songo'o, Ness, Oscar, and Lamerias can all play centrally so I'd be surprised if another CM gets bought in.

Obviously the CF role is a must and I wouldnt be surprised if a versatile Fullback is bought in.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
If you could combine Sokolik and Songo'o you'd have a fantastic centre half.
Sokolik is cultured and composed. But has a tendency to let the ball bounce and look a little complacent.
Songo'o is rough and ready and attacks everything. Loves a tackle or goal line block but can't pass.
I think there will be games where both of them will be useful in their own way. Songo'o particularly as the midfield destroyer, brought in to disrupt the opposition and turn the midfield messy.
Sometimes you need someone to lift the piano (Songo'o) rather than play the concerto (Fox)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
up_the_line":3d4uslb6 said:
If you could combine Sokolik and Songo'o you'd have a fantastic centre half.
Sokolik is cultured and composed. But has a tendency to let the ball bounce and look a little complacent.
Songo'o is rough and ready and attacks everything. Loves a tackle or goal line block but can't pass.
I think there will be games where both of them will be useful in their own way. Songo'o particularly as the midfield destroyer, brought in to disrupt the opposition and turn the midfield messy.
Sometimes you need someone to lift the piano (Songo'o) rather than play the concerto (Fox)
Good post. Paul Wotton managed a pretty decent career without being able to pass. I love the analogy of the piano!