Don Revie's Nightmare Journey From Plymouth to Leicester | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Don Revie's Nightmare Journey From Plymouth to Leicester

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Interesting information. I have enjoyed reading your posts - thanks.

Funnily enough I went to the Farnborough v Torquay replay, as I lived nearby. I can't remember the exact score but it was high scoring and a really exciting game under the lights.
Small world!

Reactions: ChepstowGreen
May 26, 2015
This is my first post here. I usually write historical pieces about Leicester City, and I come, of course, in peace.

I've been researching the Plymouth v Leicester game in April 1949 as it lies at the heart of a story about Don Revie, then a young inside forward at Filbert Street. It's been fascinating finding out about the history of Home Park, the Grand Hotel overlooking the Hoe, the South Devon and East Cornwall Hospital on Lockyer Street, and much more besides. The Argyle site greensonscreen has been a great resource.

I really wanted to share the results with Plymouth fans, and ask for comments, as well as corrections if I've made any shocking factual or contextual howlers.

There's a link to the article below, and I hope you can spare ten minutes of your time to read the whole piece. The Plymouth game comes in the later part of the story, but it's worth reading from the beginning to understand the full context.

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-king-captain-kushiro
Brilliant, well researched and fascinating article, Kushiro. Thank you very much.

Reactions: Mark58 and kushiro