*EFL Cup vs Reading Match Thread* | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

*EFL Cup vs Reading Match Thread*

Mar 14, 2009
ReadingFan":3md0apgc said:
Hello all, suspect this will be my last post here for a while unless you get another one of our players on loan. Perhaps a centre back or a winger?

Obviously I'm pretty pleased with that performance.

Positives for you: although you had some individual struggles, as a team you seemed quite well organised and you limited our chances. Carey and Jervis to a lesser extent drew a few fouls when they got on the ball. You should 100% have had a penalty in the first half. We fielded a strong team (8/10 outfield players will start our next match). The odds were stacked against you so you shouldn't read too much into this.

Negatives for you: Sawyer looked dreadful, the worst performance I've seen since I retired. But then he was up against our best player, Beerens. You didn't threaten our goal... but then we didn't give you much of the ball.

Out of curiosity, how did we compare to when you played Preston. As you seem to beat them with ease too.

Sawyer is way too slow but he is whole hearted, committed player who can just about get away with a lack of pace in L2 but I would imagine this will be his last season. If Purrington has anything about him this season and puts in the effort he should take his LB birth.

As for goal threats. Until he stops playing Goodwillie out wide and finds a proper wide players with pace and dribbling skills we will have trouble breaking down teams.