Elburton v Argyle | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Elburton v Argyle

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
dunlop":n8dod2ta said:
Mike Greening":n8dod2ta said:
dunlop":n8dod2ta said:
Was it just me who thought the new strip looked awful dark green and white stripe shirt, black shorts and dark green socks looked very drab.

I thought it look great. It was I thought close to the original team strip. :scarf:

That dark green is nowhere near the original green, about 10 shades darker.

It was white socks with green panels. It was still awful IMO and looked so dark and dull on the video and in the Herald match review.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Kit looked a mess. Black shorts didn't work with the stripes which themselves are a tragedy. Difficult to tell which was the professional strip and which the part - timers.

C

Cobi Budge.

Don't want to bash the former manager too much but it's refreshing to hear DA actually speaking in detail about players and formation, instead of Sheridan's usual "yeah we kicked it around a bit and looked ok", I know interviews mean little in terms of results but DA seems a real student of the game.

Confident that we are in safe hands.

Adams, Brewster & Wotton will be a good, balanced team.

C

Cobi Budge.

Ade the green":1hrqdvir said:
I've only seen the Brunt penalty clip but to me it looked like the grass was too long. Not a particularly good surface to judge professional players on.

Can't agree.

In fact I think you can judge them more. If we were at a higher level (where the standard of pitch is consistent) then you'd be correct, but in league 2, we can't hide from the fact we'll be playing on some grim pitches. Adapting to our conditions is a big factor at this level so I think you can credit the players even though it was a friendly.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
dunlop":td5m79oa said:
Mike Greening":td5m79oa said:
dunlop":td5m79oa said:
Was it just me who thought the new strip looked awful dark green and white stripe shirt, black shorts and dark green socks looked very drab.

I thought it look great. It was I thought close to the original team strip. :scarf:

That dark green is nowhere near the original green, about 10 shades darker.

To me I couldn't actually tell it was Green, looked like we were playing in Black and White stripes.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Cobi Budge.":1d8cgm8e said:
Ade the green":1d8cgm8e said:
I've only seen the Brunt penalty clip but to me it looked like the grass was too long. Not a particularly good surface to judge professional players on.

Can't agree.

In fact I think you can judge them more. If we were at a higher level (where the standard of pitch is consistent) then you'd be correct, but in league 2, we can't hide from the fact we'll be playing on some grim pitches. Adapting to our conditions is a big factor at this level so I think you can credit the players even though it was a friendly.

When Brunt walked away after he scored the pen his and the other players boots were almost completely submerged in grass = too long. The point I'm making is that there were good performances out there and there were some not so good. That pitch wasn't completely prepared as you might expect from a SWL team and Argyle will look and perform more consistently on the better pitches to come.
Are you seriously saying that at this time of year that pro pitches would be worse than that?

Mar 29, 2011
With the rain the pitch actually played really well. If anything the ball ran faster than normal.

Jun 8, 2014
Jasa":19qr6p2o said:
With the rain the pitch actually played really well. If anything the ball ran faster than normal.

You made a couple of good saves in that second half mate, must have been a cool experience! :nworthy:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Paven":y3hnamp4 said:
Jasa":y3hnamp4 said:

You made a couple of good saves in that second half mate, must have been a cool experience! :nworthy:

Poor in the half-time penalty shoot out though!!

Mar 29, 2011
Mark Pedlar":1i7mvulj said:
Paven":1i7mvulj said:
Jasa":1i7mvulj said:

Poor in the half-time penalty shoot out though!!

Sometimes 6 year olds are too good for me.