Electronic advertising boards Liverpool game. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Electronic advertising boards Liverpool game.

Jan 27, 2012
I' don't know about these things, but I'd assume that the TV company get the money for advertisers. Its surely one reason why BT Sport pay Argyle a broadcasting fee. Also, I think £1.5m is probably a big over-estimate. Things are split with Liverpool and the FA and there is plenty of tax to pay. Unless the club state how much they have made or a very educated breakdown of the likely figures is carried out, I'd be reluctant to believe what people say on PASOTI about this (or even what the Herald say- unless it is verified). A good financial boost, but probably not as much as some people are making out. I'd be surprised if they end up with a million- I reckon quite a bit less.

Apr 29, 2016
I don't see why the TV company should get the revenue from the electronic hoardings any more than any other advertising hoardings in the ground. Must surely be down to Argyle to negotiate all marketing within their ground and get the revenue from it. It is advertising to the crowd as well as the TV audience; it would be different if BT Sport flashed something on the screen.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
philmeboots":2go5yxl4 said:
I don't see why the TV company should get the revenue from the electronic hoardings any more than any other advertising hoardings in the ground. Must surely be down to Argyle to negotiate all marketing within their ground and get the revenue from it. It is advertising to the crowd as well as the TV audience; it would be different if BT Sport flashed something on the screen.

100% it's a BT/FA thing and Argyle don't get any of the advertising cash. That's all taken care of in the broadcast fee we get instead.

It's the same as if an England game was at Home Park. The FA would effectively 'take over' the ground and there'd be electronic boards with Nike, Budweiser, McDonald's adverts on. Clearly Argyle wouldn't get any cash from Nike, and they're not going to get any cash from the FA Cup sponsors tonight either.

Feb 28, 2016
I remember watching a feature on Soccer AM where they showed (IIRC Anfield) being "converted" for a European Cup game, that included them removing their sponsorship boards and replacing them with champions league sponsors: Heineken, McDonalds and the like (must have been in days before electronic boards!) lots of other silly things like I think you had to have black goal nets and they had to take out Carlsberg from the refreshment kiosk and replace with Heineken.

I suspect it is just for TV to have the FAs sponsors on and it sounds right to me that we wont get any additional money for them. If that is the case though I wish they could use plain green ones and then computer the image on for those watching on the telly!

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Biggs":8crczg86 said:
philmeboots":8crczg86 said:

100% it's a BT/FA thing and Argyle don't get any of the advertising cash. That's all taken care of in the broadcast fee we get instead.

It's the same as if an England game was at Home Park. The FA would effectively 'take over' the ground and there'd be electronic boards with Nike, Budweiser, McDonald's adverts on. Clearly Argyle wouldn't get any cash from Nike, and they're not going to get any cash from the FA Cup sponsors tonight either.

Oh yes they are! £67,500 from the sponsors for winning their 3rd round match :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
djg145":oitirfdg said:
The last time Argyle tried the electronic advertising, it was so damn BRIGHT that we couldn't see the players on the Lyndhurst side of the pitch - just a silhouette. There were so many people shouting turn them off - in the Grandstand, that they did turn the brightness down which helped, butthen they were completely turned off in the 2nd half.

Yeah that damn dog going across the adverts is so damn annoying.

I am sure that from the Grandstand you can still see the original adverts behind.

That wasn't the last time, that was the FIRST time it was against Bristol Rovers in a night match. Shame they turned it off, I was getting a decent tan at the time. :greensmile:

Once the initial problem was sorted, it worked ok. Problem was, there wasn't enough demand for the advertising on it, so it was sent back from whence it came.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PutneyPete":2tbunup4 said:
Biggs":2tbunup4 said:
philmeboots":2tbunup4 said:

Oh yes they are! £67,500 from the sponsors for winning their 3rd round match :scarf:

I mean through the electronic boards.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Woops, I was bang wrong! We've had Tribute, Plymouth University, Puma, Britain's Ocean City and Ginsters advertising so far.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I liked the one that said Ginsters Green Army

Jul 29, 2010
Well BT sure as hell didn't choose that advertising running order. Good work by the club methinks, we surely must have made something from those advertising boards, the subject matter was entirely 'home grown'.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Surely this game has got to have been worth £100 million by now. Everytime I read a post its gone up by a £1m.

Ask James Brent and look in the accounts and I bet you won't see £600k even