End Of Season Fancy dress | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

End Of Season Fancy dress

T

Tyhee_Slim

Chancellor":1sebmy55 said:
Didnt the Bruce Forsyth Appreciation Society start up at an Argyle away game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QHO-a6Jsmw

About 2 minutes in.

Now that is different. Quirky and, heavens above, original!! Sparksy hiding away at the back too - blimey.

The Brucies have livened up several drab away days down the years, and I used to like the idea that they would only do it if the opposition had a name that could be somehow linked to Brucie's hairpiece - Barnet, Wigan etc. Can't think of any more 'off the top of my head'.

Saw them interviewed by Ruth Langsford on TSW once, with them having to give her a score out of five which, predictably, ended up with one of them shouting out "I'll give her one!".

Good stuff.

Tyhee_Slim":26o7pfob said:
Chancellor":26o7pfob said:

About 2 minutes in.

Now that is different. Quirky and, heavens above, original!! Sparksy hiding away at the back too - blimey.

Good stuff.

Hadnt noticed Sparksy before, also Rafa Benitez in the audience amongst the celebs!

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
Tyhee_Slim":28pz246k said:
Chancellor":28pz246k said:

About 2 minutes in.
The Brucies have livened up several drab away days down the years, and I used to like the idea that they would only do it if the opposition had a name that could be somehow linked to Brucie's hairpiece - Barnet, Wigan etc. Can't think of any more 'off the top of my head'.

Hereford was another I remember.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Pogleswoody":2dko98jq said:
IJN":2dko98jq said:
It wasn't actually Batman & Robin though was it?

He has treasured that memory for 23 years. What do you have to go and spoil it for??!! ;)
It was a motorway services station.
A coachload of Cardiff turn up.
remember how the football fans used to 'mix' in those days.
David and Taff were batman and robin that day. :cool:

C

centralgreen

Lets go for it .

Who knows we might make it to first on the football league show.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
How about we all turn up in yellow jackets with numbers on the back....

T

Tyhee_Slim

I like the idea of a retro, 1940s/50s look. Flat caps (or maybe a nice fedora or trilby at a jaunty angle), flashers' macs, scarves, rattles, rosettes and not a replica shirt to be seen.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Tyhee_Slim":gwqrdd6n said:
I like the idea of a retro, 1940s/50s look. Flat caps (or maybe a nice fedora or trilby at a jaunty angle), flashers' macs, scarves, rattles, rosettes and not a replica shirt to be seen.

We'd have to be in black & white tho? :think:

C

centralgreen

I think we should all go for it..

Anyone know if there is a phone box close to the ground so I can do a quick change from Clarke Kent to ....... :)

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Pogleswoody":36g90dm1 said:
Tyhee_Slim":36g90dm1 said:

We'd have to be in black & white tho? :think:

I thought everything was in Sepia in those days? :D

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Tyhee_Slim":u47g6u6g said:

Hang on a minute - that's normal dress in Rainworth! You're just planning to grab something out of your wardrobe.