Eoin Doyle (possible loan) (signs for Oldham) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Eoin Doyle (possible loan) (signs for Oldham)

Apr 30, 2017
Nathan Blissett - 6ft 5
Nadir Ciftci - 6ft 2
Eoin Doyle - 6ft

Assuming Fletcher leaves on loan, we have got a strike force that provides many things. Firstly, all 3 fit DA's way of playing with a target man or a lone striker. Secondly, all 3 will offer something different. Bliss pace and power, Nadir aggression and workrate and Doyle good hold up play. Finally, all have scored goals at previous clubs and if 1 shows the form they have at there previous clubs we have a player on our side. These 3 before RT returning fit would be a good solid L1 strikeforce, so if Doyle signs I'd be delighted.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Mixed reviews from Pompey fans but I think some of them forget they were playing in League 2 last season and not the Prem!

He looks like he'd be a good signing to me and someone who would benefit the team with his movement and energy. Really hope this comes off ...

Mar 21, 2008
kingobadingo":1me8xfaw said:
Pompey friend at work who isn't biased said he isn't great. I'd take his word for it but then last time in league one he did fire a few in!

Do you not think it depends what your perception of great is though? I mean we've not exactly been blessed with amazing strikers lately have we, great relative to Brett Pitman is probably different to great relative to Jimmy Spencer and Jordan Slew

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Wow..we've potentially got a competitive squad now..who do you leave out?

Goalkeeper - Luke has this nailed - RTL as back up
Defence - Edwards has been awesome, Bradley, Sawyer, Threlkeld then MIller, Taylor-SInclair, Sokolik, Songo as back up
Midfield - Carey, Fox, Ness, Sarcevic, Songo, Lamerias all competing here
Wide men - Jervis, Grant, Wylde, Ainsworth
Forwards - Taylor, Ciftci, Blissett and possibly Doyle

You could pick a few good first 11's there.

May 21, 2015
You could argue there's space for one more combative central midfielder in that list. But that's for another thread...

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
tandark":28icpc77 said:
You could argue there's space for one more combative central midfielder in that list. But that's for another thread...

Certainly. Doyle, and the midfielder you speak of and we would be in good shape.

May 16, 2016
kingobadingo":35p6p9jy said:
Pompey friend at work who isn't biased said he isn't great. I'd take his word for it but then last time in league one he did fire a few in!

All ex pompey players that end up here are not great or rubbish.....apparently.

Jan 27, 2012
The fella I want back is Kennedy as he made things happen and created chances. As good as Carey in my opinion, although different.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Adam Lord a sports journalist has just tweeted this.

Re Doyle to Plymouth. Told they enquired last week but it hasn't gone any further. Argyle signed Nadir Ciftci on loan from Celtic yesterday

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
gaspargomez":2ebflxav said:
The fella I want back is Kennedy as he made things happen and created chances. As good as Carey in my opinion, although different.
Agreed, though I don't think there's much chance of it.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
vibratingspider":fe4145rd said:
gaspargomez":fe4145rd said:
Agreed, though I don't think there's much chance of it.

That's two different prepositions though. Asking about who to have back comparing to players we've not had here once. Who's to know if in a couple of weeks Nadir doesn't prove himself equal to or greater than Kennedy.

Kennedy does support my earlier post about having a mobile number 9 instead of an out and out target man. Nadir does seem to be a bit of both, can move a bit and seems strong in defence of the football.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Argyleloyal87":fu3jomap said:

Re Doyle to Plymouth. Told they enquired last week but it hasn't gone any further. Argyle signed Nadir Ciftci on loan from Celtic yesterday

Seems the likely truth.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
PlymOdi":1xdym9ff said:
Argyleloyal87":1xdym9ff said:

Seems the likely truth.

Why isn't this whole thread on Rumours, just like the one about the young ex-Luton player now at Bristol City, who was due to arrive at Home Park?