FA Cup replays gone | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup replays gone

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Nothing new here, was always in the pipeline. The big boys got their wishes, complain about playing loads of games but don’t mind playing each other all around the world for meaningless friendly games

The Pasty Kid

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
I'm a tiny bit sad about this, but fairly accepting, as it is just facing reality. The big teams don't want too many replays, and the smaller teams only really want them for the money of big draws - it hasn't been about 'the magic of the cup' for a very long time. At least some exclusivity around the big fixtures and the final is welcome. In truth, I have never been a big cup person anyway, but I understand this feels like something lost for a lot of people.

Reactions: cornishbob

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Sad for the clubs further down the football pyramid
No more bumper paydays for clubs that achieved a FA Cup replay against an PL/EFL opponent
Just token gestures by the FA regarding investing in grassroots football
The romance of the Cup has been overtaken by greed & total ignorance of the footballing pyramid in this country

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's something we've already experienced and the loss of a big pay day.
It's so unfair to the smaller clubs because the replay and TV money really helps them survive plus their fans miss out on the excitement of playing a big team at home.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Already a thread on the main board

* Please leave modding to the mods. Thanks * (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 24, 2008
Nothing new here, was always in the pipeline. The big boys got their wishes, complain about playing loads of games but don’t mind playing each other all around the world for meaningless friendly games
I do hope we aren't saying this when the 'B' teams get into the league. Been nice not missing games this season though.