Fans Forum with Derek Adams - 15 September - St Blazey FC | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans Forum with Derek Adams - 15 September - St Blazey FC

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
LG":1m3zwajq said:
oddball":1m3zwajq said:
jsimmons":1m3zwajq said:
Plymouth Argyle Cornish Supporters Association proudly presents
A Fan’s Forum with Plymouth Argyle Manager Derek Adams
on Tuesday 15 September 2015 at 7:30pm
at St Blazey Football Club, Blaise Park, Station Road, St Blazey, Par PL24 2ND

All Argyle fans welcome

Admission: Free for PACSA members (£1.00 for non members)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plymouth ... 4320389814

(Mods - Can you make this a sticky please? Thanks.)

I hope you have some decent pasties
Does it say pasties/food anywhere in John's advert for the evening?

It would be welcoming to lay on refreshment of some sort,and yes I'm expecting to pay......

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
oddball":1n6mu218 said:
LG":1n6mu218 said:
oddball":1n6mu218 said:
jsimmons":1n6mu218 said:
Plymouth Argyle Cornish Supporters Association proudly presents
A Fan’s Forum with Plymouth Argyle Manager Derek Adams
on Tuesday 15 September 2015 at 7:30pm
at St Blazey Football Club, Blaise Park, Station Road, St Blazey, Par PL24 2ND

All Argyle fans welcome

Admission: Free for PACSA members (£1.00 for non members)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plymouth ... 4320389814

(Mods - Can you make this a sticky please? Thanks.)

I hope you have some decent pasties
Does it say pasties/food anywhere in John's advert for the evening?

It would be welcoming to lay on refreshment of some sort,and yes I'm expecting to pay......
As a Supporter's Association, we are unfortunately not blessed with the funds to lay on food like the Senior Greens do.
Also, as an evening event, there may be a majority of people who would have had something to eat before venturing out. We could well then have a buffet, with food going to waste.
And we are unsure of the numbers attending.
However, St Blazey Football Club may have idea's of their own.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Just back from a very enjoyable evening at St Blazey FC with an excellent fans forum which was well chaired by John Simmons. Derek Adams once again came across as a very savvy guy who has Argyle's best interests at heart...very honest answers to some 40-50 questions.... and fans were left in no doubt as to the amount of hard work that Derek Adams and his coaching staff are s putting in to try and get this club going,which was most appreciated by a big audience...

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
twist of lime":i7ccz8px said:
Any specific answers to questions from DA worth sharing..??

COYG

Derek Adams is well versed in the dark arts of this division......

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
This was my first visit to a PACSA meeting a very enjoyable evening with some good company, DA was as normal very open and honest with his answers.

Nice to put faces to Pasoti names.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
What came across was how hard he is working the players, not only on fitness and body strengthening but also on tactical and mental preparation. The team are still doing double sessions Mondays and Tuesdays and he admitted this was his way contrary to conventional sports medicine advice. He did concede he might give the team a couple of days off in the future if he feels they need it!

:whistle:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Graham Clark":17j22rz2 said:
An excellent evening at Blaise Park which was very well attended and where Derek Adams continued to impress and inspire. He remained long after the conclusion of the raffle and auction following an extensive and exhaustive Q & A where questions were answered respectfully and directly as always.

I think John Simmons, who was excellent as Chairman of the proceedings will probably provide a more extensive note later but one thing is clear Derek Adams determination to get Argyle out of this division is as absolute as it is resolute. What came across was how hard he is working the players, not only on fitness and body strengthening but also on tactical and mental preparation. The team are still doing double sessions Mondays and Tuesdays and he admitted this was his way contrary to conventional sports medicine advice. He did concede he might give the team a couple of days off in the future if he feels they need it!

Clearly he is meticulous in his preparation and conceded that unlike the Scottish Premiership where teams back off each other in the opening 20 minutes teams in League 2 are very much up and at the opposition from the kick off. That has been addressed as we witnessed at Wycombe.

As before he confirmed that the budget is the budget and he has spent it on five quality acquisitions and three loan signings. If Luke did get injured there may have to be a discussion as Bittner was injured and Corey Harvey was only 17. He did say that he felt that none of the six youth players were ready just yet for 1st team action but he mat call upon one or two if necessary. He expected the budget to be reassessed before the January window to enable us 'to push on'.

He was full of admiration for the Green Army home and away. He did say he wanted them to fill the silences, particularly at home, if the game has gone a little flat as it definitely inspires the players.

Many, including Frank Harper, may times, were effusive in their praise for what he had done to turn our team into an exciting proposition that we are eager to watch and admire. Confidence was high among all that were present. We all witnessed a master class in what you would want your football club manager to say; what you would want him to be and an understanding in how he will achieve what you you want him to achieve. All in all a joyous and uplifting evening.

Graham excellent summary as usual.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What I would say to anyone is, if you get the chance to see/hear Derek at one if these gatherings, you shouldn't pass up the chance of doing do.

Some of us lastl night commented that we are witnessing something special at our club.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Gutted I couldn't make it. Travelling back from Bristol last night.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
As someone who runs their own business, i'm intrigued as to - whats next?

Clearly Derek Adams now has the majority of fans on board and supportive of him, his tactics and the players he has brought into the club. There is a feel good factor, the manager is clearly doing all he can to balance alot of time with the players with keeping the supporters happy with evenings like this.

So for me the one ingredient left is the board - surely we are getting close to the point where they have to grab the bull by the horns and do something to get as many bums on seat as possible. The natural improvement in the style and results will perhaps add anything from 500-1000 on the gate, with a nice set of early season fixtures in terms of attendance (Pompey, Gas, the bonus of Exeter in the JPT) maybe they are holding steady and enjoying the ride, but i'd like to think that the business "brains" in the Argyle camp can see/smell something happening at the club and are starting to trawl out ideas, that can get 8000 through the gate every week. We know there have been ideas in the past, but its hard to sell a boring product which as limited success, it is far easier to sell a product that is pleasing in the eye, with others enthusing around it.

We all know that 8000 a week would like give Adams the funds or the chance to pressure the Chairman into funds in January for an additional body or two to improve again.

The manager has come through his "trial" period with flying colours on and off the field, now back to the wise people who made the brave choice of Adams to go again and show the fans that the whole club means business.

Jan 7, 2013
Thanks for the summary folks, makes me feel even better about things if that were even possible! I am one happy member of the green army that's for sure!