Food at Home Park | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Food at Home Park

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Keepitgreen":5vb1o4jj said:
IJN":5vb1o4jj said:
You Welsh people just don't get pasties do you?
We might not, but we're experts on meat, which a lot of pasties seem to lack. :)

Especially sheep :silent:

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
I got a pasty from that van at the bottom of Lyndhurst Road towards the end of last season. Have to say, it tasted okay, but I spent at least 15 minutes of the second half in the toilets.....

So, if I've been on it the night before, A Dewdney's goes down a treat before kick off, but otherwise a nuclear Pilgrim's at half time id perfectly acceptable.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I'm Plymouth born and bred, but I have to admit I've never really understood the craze for Dewdney's pasties.

Ok course, I would eat them if I was hungry and a Dewdney's was close by, but it wouldn't be my first port of call.

T

Tynan's Dad

I wonder of there was any sort of quality testing before decidwding who would have the catering contract?

In the past fortnight I have sampled six different pasty providers in my local area, checking a couple of them twice and have therefore been able to ensure I am aware of the pros and cons of each one when giving recommendations to people.

I would happily offer my pasty tasting services to Argyle next time the catering contract is up for renewal if they wanted some quality assurance from a semi-professional pasty taster. I also have pie tasting experience from several years worth of away games.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The voting was rigged Richard.

Apparently, Pilgrim bribed their voters with a free pasty if they voted for them. :lol:

There should only ever be ONE pasty for PLYMOUTH Argyle and that's an Ivor.

No debate, end of and FACT. :lol:

Plus of course they sponsor this site. :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ivor's 'massed produced' - Never!!

Rolled and baked on the thighs of a dusky Janner maiden.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Patrik":18fm6x2v said:
Dewdneys are cheap at £2 but thats about all that is positive about them, mass produced and frozen and which is probably why they are laced with pepper to liven up the soggy mush inside. Face it if your hungry and near one £2 is is not too bad but would anyone be happy to pay £4-00 for one inside HP? I wouldnt.

If you buy a Dewdney from the shop in Stoke Village they are much better. Not soggy at all!

Personally, i'm a big fan of the Chicken Balti pie. Even if the Home Park Sporks aren't quite up to the task.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Tynan's Dad":2itgyfk0 said:
I wonder of there was any sort of quality testing before decidwding who would have the catering contract?

In the past fortnight I have sampled six different pasty providers in my local area, checking a couple of them twice and have therefore been able to ensure I am aware of the pros and cons of each one when giving recommendations to people.

I would happily offer my pasty tasting services to Argyle next time the catering contract is up for renewal if they wanted some quality assurance from a semi-professional pasty taster. I also have pie tasting experience from several years worth of away games.
POTY. :nworthy:
When I was searching through my programmes the other month (which I ended up donating to a good cause) I came across the Pie of the Year 'Book'. :thumbs:

Feb 21, 2008
The pastys were excellent the first year of Bond Timber's sponsorship but they have gone down in quality in recent years. Thankfully not to the pre-Bond Timber days.

I always buy inside the ground to support the club.

N

newquaygreen

if you had all bought your pasties in the home of pasties....Cornwall, you would not have had all that disappointment :whistle: