Footy trivia quiz. Help needed | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Footy trivia quiz. Help needed

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Joe Totale":50bcse1n said:
Lundan Cabbie":50bcse1n said:
Joe Totale":50bcse1n said:
- Who is the only player to have scored in the Conference, League 2, League 1, Championship and Premier League in consecutive seasons?

Steve Finnan?

- Which country is the only country in Europe to have 2 cities each with at least 2 different clubs who have reached the Semi Finals of the European Cup/Champions League?

United Kingdom actually have three. Greater London, Greater Manchester and Glasgow. :greensmile:

- Who was the only player that Alex Ferguson signed for Manchester United twice?

I thought this was Bossie too

All incorrect although you're on the right track with question 2...

Couple of clues, Question 1 has played against Argyle whilst Question 3 has played for Argyle.

Q2 Dundee and Glasgow I think.

Q3 Les Sealey

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":1is98erv said:
Joe Totale":1is98erv said:
Lundan Cabbie":1is98erv said:
Joe Totale":1is98erv said:
- Who is the only player to have scored in the Conference, League 2, League 1, Championship and Premier League in consecutive seasons?

Steve Finnan?

- Which country is the only country in Europe to have 2 cities each with at least 2 different clubs who have reached the Semi Finals of the European Cup/Champions League?

United Kingdom actually have three. Greater London, Greater Manchester and Glasgow. :greensmile:

- Who was the only player that Alex Ferguson signed for Manchester United twice?

Couple of clues, Question 1 has played against Argyle whilst Question 3 has played for Argyle.

Q3 Les Sealey

Dundee is a great shout. 1963 and 1984......

I'm guessing Manchester doesn't count because one is in Salford. England therefore has only had one city have two (in fact 3) semi finalists although none of them are actually in the City of London or the City of Westminster.

Nov 18, 2011
cheshiregreen":16z27ua0 said:
Joe Totale":16z27ua0 said:
Lundan Cabbie":16z27ua0 said:
Joe Totale":16z27ua0 said:

Steve Finnan?

Q3 Les Sealey

Q2 is correct, it's Scotland. BTW Hibs have also made a European Cup semi final so if Hearts had got their act together Scotland would have three cities who each have two clubs who have made it to a semi final or better.

Q3 is also correct, just Q1 to go!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Joe Totale":2iw7qlmb said:
cheshiregreen":2iw7qlmb said:
Lundan Cabbie":2iw7qlmb said:

Steve Finnan?

Q3 Les Sealey

Q2 is correct, it's Scotland. BTW Hibs have also made a European Cup semi final so if Hearts had got their act together Scotland would have three cities who each have two clubs who have made it to a semi final or better.

So Greater Manchester and Greater London don't count then?

Sep 13, 2003
Ferguson did sign Mark Bosnich twice so that last question should have been worded differently !

Nov 18, 2011
Mark Bosnich was missed by me so I'm wrong there! He's resigned two players.

And I'm afraid the two Manchester clubs don't count as they are based in seperate cities. The question states about cities and not Greater Metropolitan areas.

Nov 18, 2011
Merlin":1zgwgbww said:
Question 1 Sam Clucas

Correct!

I remember how impressive he was for Mansfield when he played against Argyle, shame we didn't have a chance to sign him!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Joe Totale":26hj2d55 said:
Mark Bosnich was missed by me so I'm wrong there! He's resigned two players.

And I'm afraid the two Manchester clubs don't count as they are based in seperate cities. The question states about cities and not Greater Metropolitan areas.

New Question then....

How many London Derbies can there be? ;)