For those who can't be there on Saturday, how will you be following the game? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

For those who can't be there on Saturday, how will you be following the game?

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
First league game of the cricket season. We start at one. Hoping we field first so I can volunteer to boundary ride and get the commentary, assuming we're not rained off. The dream would be for Norwich to be 3-0 by then, obviously
I presume you’re a batsman otherwise you’d want to bat first.

Nov 26, 2011
California USA
4.30 am start for me in California also but will be logged into Argyle TV.
Wife has passed on the invite but she is a Hammers fan!
Hope my celebrations will wake her up! Go Greens!

Sep 13, 2003
I'm in-between night shifts, so not going to go to work without proper sleep. Pessimistic about it all, so expecting third tier football when I wake up !

Wexford Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
✅ Evergreen
Jan 20, 2005
Ballygarrett, County Wexford, Ireland
At kick-off time I’ll leave the house with my 2 dogs for a long walk, without my phone, and return 2 hours later and look straight at the league table.

I’m feeling sick to the core of my stomach even now so couldn’t bear to follow the game live! COYGs! Come on the Canaries!

May 29, 2011
Bristol
Soccer Saturday on SKY as I don’t have the nerve to watch Argyle today. At least this way I’ll see it all unfold as it happens.

Apr 8, 2021
I’ll be at Twickenham to watch the Army Navy rugby game. Often an Army victory, the Navy won convincingly last year. So, if all is well, I will celebrate two great victories today. Or, if we go down and are humped at Twickers it’ll be a thoroughly miserable day.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
On Wednesday 29 April 1959 Argyle had to better Hull City's result at Wrexham to win the League. There was no local TV on the one channel we had via the aerial, no local news on the two channels via Rediffusion. There were three BBC radio channels, the Light Programme, the Third Programme and the Home Service, plus Radio Luxembourg. The Home Service carried two short bulletins of local news a day. Argyle kicked off at 730 and by the time most got home broadcasting was shut down for the night. Most who were not there would need a visit to the paper shop next morning with the Western Morning News the only source, nine hours after the games finished. The national papers, trained from Paddington, left too early to include the results.So at least no elaborate plans to avoid critical results were needed - the challenge was finding out the score!