Funniest Argyle moment | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Funniest Argyle moment

Oct 10, 2018
Just a bit of fan fun, mine was stood at Barnsley when you couldn't see the person in the terrace next to you, so unable to see any action the fans would add there own ohhs and ahhs, and commentary on an imaginary game.

Reactions: KJC and Argyle58
Sep 7, 2006
In the midst of the mad cow crisis, after an extraordinary decision by the ref, some bright spark shouted 'the referee's got BSE'. Which then became a chant. Of it's time, but very funny!

Reactions: Melbourne Green
Sep 10, 2010
Eastbourne
One piece of opposition sledging always stuck with me and still makes me chuckle when I think back to it. We were away at Southend (sometime in the 2010s) and they had a young Bentley in goal who has gone on to have a good career.
Early in the game he shanked a back pass to which one of our supporters took great delight in, for the rest of the half he received pelters from said supporter (like an Aussie bowler tormenting an England batsman). Cries of "they don't trust you Bentley" every time the defenders subsequently chose not to pass it back to him which seemed to be very frequent and I think he shanked at least one more clearing kick. Poor guy, he had no where to hide that day.

Reactions: SurreyJanner

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There was a chap, slightly worse for wear singing in Tony Cap aldi, Tony Cap aldi, non stop for about 3 minutes, no one joined in, we all fell about when he stopped and shouted to everyone 'What's the matter FFS it's only three words'. :ROFLMAO:

Dec 4, 2011
The Southampton physio pulling a hamstring when running on to the pitch in the mid 00s. I think our physio had to help him off.

Desperate times under Carl Fletcher... trying to playing like Barca and one lovely move actually worked with Chadwick having a clear shot on goal only to hit it to the back of the Barn Park End. I heard someone shout "Chadwick for England", I was in stitches and it summed up the situation we were in.

An 11 year old Millwall fan giving it the big one during the pitch invasion a few weeks ago.

Someone belching in the back of the old Devonport End and everyone going "yay".

Someone trying to start a chant, nobody joins in but just shout "solo" instead.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Southampton physio pulling a hamstring when running on to the pitch in the mid 00s. I think our physio had to help him off.

My mate (he's on here) was laughing loudly at this, and a woman from behind said 'Don't be so mean, there might be something wrong with him', the laughs got louder after that comment.

• Haha
Reactions: David Doidge

Old Brown

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 10, 2020
Wadebridge
Can't remember the actual game but a player was being stretchered off and for a reason that was not clear two of the four people picked him up and were geared up to come towards the Mayflower while the other two thought they were off to the Lyndhurst. Happily they got it sorted out before the poor chap landed on the pitch.