Gillingham - don't leave early! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gillingham - don't leave early!

Dec 29, 2011
For some reason Gillingham at home I can recall a match a few years ago(2011/2012 I believe when Gillingham had a player sent off in the first half hour, and we still managed to lose the game 1.0 .We were truly awful.That was a dark day and I remember going away from Home Park believing we were going out of the league

Aug 11, 2013
Devon General":4x80dvcs said:
landons forehead":4x80dvcs said:
Devon General":4x80dvcs said:
I remember an away game to Gillingham, I think it was boxing day! P

From what I recall the away (Argyle) fans were on an open house terrace, it snowed, we lost and had a player sent off late in the game!

Think that might have been 95/96. We certainly played them on boxing day then. From what I remember, it was absoutely baltic, the match was an affront to football with Pulis in one dugout and Warnock in the other, and Argyle lost 1-0 to a penno when Gary Clayton handballed on the line in the last 10-20 minutes.

I've never been back!

I did remember correctly then! It was freezing cold quite literally.

I have never been back either......

I was there. I have never been so cold (despite being well dressed up) in all my life. The first thing that ever comes to mind when Gillingham away is mentioned is that miserable trip to what felt like the end of the earth. Miserable game. Freezing cold. Blowing a hooly. An open terrace in ground that had seen no improvements in 50 years!. Took an hour at the Travelodge to thaw out afterwards.

Didn't they have that giant playing for them that day - Blissett sort of height if not taller. Can't remember his name now. Might be a senior moment and I've misremembered.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
I recall going to the Gilligham ground when Brighton, I think were playing their home games there.

Not a great ground and think Argyle lost 0-1 as well......

COYG

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
arrythewurzel":spxhhvap said:
Devon General":spxhhvap said:
landons forehead":spxhhvap said:
Devon General":spxhhvap said:
I remember an away game to Gillingham, I think it was boxing day! P

From what I recall the away (Argyle) fans were on an open house terrace, it snowed, we lost and had a player sent off late in the game!

Think that might have been 95/96. We certainly played them on boxing day then. From what I remember, it was absoutely baltic, the match was an affront to football with Pulis in one dugout and Warnock in the other, and Argyle lost 1-0 to a penno when Gary Clayton handballed on the line in the last 10-20 minutes.

I've never been back!

I did remember correctly then! It was freezing cold quite literally.

I have never been back either......

I was there. I have never been so cold (despite being well dressed up) in all my life. The first thing that ever comes to mind when Gillingham away is mentioned is that miserable trip to what felt like the end of the earth. Miserable game. Freezing cold. Blowing a hooly. An open terrace in ground that had seen no improvements in 50 years!. Took an hour at the Travelodge to thaw out afterwards.

Didn't they have that giant playing for them that day - Blissett sort of height if not taller. Can't remember his name now. Might be a senior moment and I've misremembered.
Leo fortune-West - the one I listed in the entire details post on page 1of 2 of this thread - lol.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
All I can remember is Tony Cascarino playing for them against us. Remember him as big, young, strong, determined.
I swear that he scored against us every time I saw him play!! :lol:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Altarnun_Green":tar6kkeq said:
Well, if we beat them 7-0 on Saturday, we will go above them!
4-0 will do that. ;)

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
4-0, Pigs will fly before we score 4 !

Sep 3, 2011
I can honestly say this isn't a game I've been looking forward to. Two poor teams with Plymouth being the most disappointing. I knew The Gills would struggle this season but Argyle have been a massive letdown. When the teams meet at Priestfield in May at least one of them will be relegated, if not both. Argyle certainly have the most potential but can't exploit it and won't until drastic changes are made

Jul 29, 2010
twist of lime":2dml444h said:
I recall going to the Gilligham ground when Brighton, I think were playing their home games there.

COYG
Not sure how many seasons they were there but we did beat them once. I seem to recall we went a long time without beating Albion at their place, so Gillingham didn't count either. Had to wait for a Darren Bastow screamer at The Withdean a couple of years later.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
X Isle":364moykw said:
twist of lime":364moykw said:

COYG
Not sure how many seasons they were there but we did beat them once. I seem to recall we went a long time without beating Albion at their place, so Gillingham didn't count either. Had to wait for a Darren Bastow screamer at The Withdean a couple of years later.
After WWII we beat Albion in each of the first two visits (1950 and 1952). We then went 19 visits without winning at the Goldstone. 20 Aug 1994 was our last visit to the Goldstone. 4 years later we broke the sequence winning on the only occasion we faced Albion at the Priestfield (20 Oct 1998). We won 3-1 with Simon Collins and Martin Barlow (2) getting the goals. Since then 7 visits to the Withdean produced 2 wins. We have not won in our last 13 visits to play the Gills at the Priestfield and it was 28 Feb 1981 when we last won there against them. John Sims scored the winner. So hope we are not dependent on getting a result there at the end of the season!!

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
PMSL today at the people who got up and left after Gillingham scored...