Good News on the Travel Front | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Good News on the Travel Front

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
soccerpilgrim":3d2168am said:
Fair point Oddball but I think it's justifiable. I still haven't posted my form to renew yet; was there a deadline?

I think it's still great value, so putting the membership up (by £2, I think) is better than putting all 23 trips by £1.

Edit: Missed IJN's post. So yeah, £2 is nothing!

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
Subscription increase? Quite simple really. Cost of printing four magazines per season plus postage (have you noticed how much it has risen?) means we can't stand still with subs. It's not that long ago we were also issuing metal lapel badges but that's no longer viable.
We also have to cover loss-making trips plus we are sponsoring Dean Smalley and at least one home game, plus last season we also paid out a large percentage of the cost of the gadget that has helped get Matt Lecointe back playing again and which will also be much used this season.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Pilgrim all understood....on the other side of the equation... would you care to tell Pasotites how much profit you make per coach...

Jun 8, 2014
oddball":1yo1qkln said:
Pilgrim all understood....on the other side of the equation... would you care to tell Pasotites how much profit you make per coach...

Why should he?

May 31, 2010
Plymouth
no. Don't have access to those figures personally. The AGM was the time to ask these questions (last Thursday) and only the Committee plus 4 turned up.
Of course our statement of accounts will appear in our next magazine in September but that only goes to members!
We need to make some profit to cover the loss-making trips. If we barely break even there will be no match or player sponsorship nor any other help for PAFC if they ask.
Don't forget members paying £9 subs can recoup that in three away trips with the members discount and if you are in the Foundation they will pay your subs anyway!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Paven":2nj3fdng said:
oddball":2nj3fdng said:

Why should he?

Paven....Pilgrim is quite happy to show the costs to the supporters in minute detail,so in all fairness he should show the profits that accrue from the profitable side of the business...............

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
IJN .....these PAFC supporter guys are quite happy to post on here,in order to promote the PAFC supporters branch,and indeed the travel club. But when you ask them questions they become strangely reticent...

C

Cobi Budge.

Any idea when coach tickets for Cambridge will be on sale?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Glynn":y01cbt8h said:
Think we need to get Oddball to change his user name to "Victor Meldrew" haha

Cheer up Al :)
Glynn quite simple really. No Victor Meldrew,just an honest question.How much money/profit do you make on each coach that you provide for Argyle away games.I thought that we were in an age of openess and transparency.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Glynn":1lwg80yi said:

No need Glynn, I think Oddball is strangely accurate.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
IJN":2qww13xd said:
It's £2.00 Alan.

If you go to all 22 aways, that means an increase of less than a penny per trip.

#Tightwad

Actually, £2 over 22 games is a 9.09 pence per game increase. But aren't there 23 away games, so the correct figure is 2/23 = 8.695652173913 pence per trip increase.

I've included all of the figures after the decimal point as oddball seems to be a little bit obsessed with details :lol:

Quite a bizarre thread this one. Even if the Plymouth Supporters Branch is making a whacking big profit, that's their business (and their members' business) and nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else really.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Math's was never my strongest point Tim.

75% of the time I'm wrong and I'm not much better for the other 30% either.

P

pafcstafford

Glynn":38a6ozit said:

Oddball seems a good fit tbf