Good signs for next season | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Good signs for next season

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Cooper seems to have been one of the most loyal and forthright of the players in the last couple of months. In press conferences, interviews, reactions and gestures (if you believe it) he seems to have embodied the ‘one of our own’ mantra.

I’ve always thought the Hazard acquisition was an eye to the future without Cooper. It will be a shame to see such a patriot (sorry, bit US corny there) leave, but he deserves a chance at the big time. So if he goes, I wish him well.

Reactions: boletus edulis

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Without wishing to be pedantic. Trafford was sold with no Premier League experience.
Sorry I'm not with you?
Yes he was sold to Burnley last summer for 15 million plus add ons(potentially another 4 million) and as I said is just completing his first season in the Premier League.
Trafford was voted in the PFA League 1 team over Cooper in our League 1 title season for his 26 clean sheets that season too.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
I cannot see us paying him the seven figure salary he could undoubtedly get elsewhere. I am afraid I cannot see a logical reason why he will not leave this summer.
I agree, with the caveat that we have faith he will be worth more in a year and extra wages will cover that, plus one more season out of him here. It’s a gamble, and we don’t typically gamble, which is why I don’t see it happening. However, it’s an option all the same. A full year and a half of being the best Championship keeper by a mile could add 5m or more to his value. Of course he could get injured again, which is why I wouldn’t personally want that gamble.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
And has frequently looked out of his depth.
I spent last evening with two Burnley season ticket holders. They said that Trafford was a fantastic shot stopper but wasn't physically tough enough yet. They think he could well be sold this summer. I think they said they only have three players not out of contract so a huge turnover ahead.

Oct 10, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised to see Stoke try for Cooper, as goalkeeper is one position most of their fans believe needs addressing. I'm not so sure Cooper would be quite so keen though.
Hardie the other possibility yes.

If a club did come in for Hardie what sort of value do you think the club would put on him.

I'd say £3.5 million,

Oct 10, 2018
Hardie is one of those players you always routing for, due to the effort he puts in and because he can have moments and purple patches of excellent finishing.

However at the same time his goals comes in bursts of about 9-10 games, and then that's it for about 25 games. He has a low assist output when running the line, yet he never drops his head and endeavour always at 100%

Not just this season but it seems to be a pattern over last 3 or 4 years.

It's why I am always on the fence and torn by Hardie, this one of the main reason a striker has to be a marque signing this summer for the club.

Jul 12, 2016
I rate Hardie highly and although his form is patchy he always gives 100%. He has had a very tough second half of the season through no fault of his own and has run himself into the ground feeding off scraps. Against Hull you could see he was so tired he desperately needed a rest. Hardie has still scored 13 goals in a struggling team and I am sure will come good again but needs help from another forward and a decent service. He would always be one of the first names on my teamsheet .

Sep 6, 2006
I rate Hardie highly and although his form is patchy he always gives 100%. He has had a very tough second half of the season through no fault of his own and has run himself into the ground feeding off scraps. Against Hull you could see he was so tired he desperately needed a rest. Hardie has still scored 13 goals in a struggling team and I am sure will come good again but needs help from another forward and a decent service. He would always be one of the first names on my teamsheet .
Actually he scored 1 goal in a struggling team and 12 in a half decent team. Let's get the facts right. He doesn't do it without very good players around him. A lot of strikers could score 12 goals with Azaz and Whittaker setting them up. And makes I laugh all this so tired nonsense. A young professional athlete playing 90 minutes of football once a week.
Part of the problem or part of the solution?

• Snore
Reactions: gundolt and oldage