Graham Carey - PFA Player of the Month | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey - PFA Player of the Month

Dec 2, 2005
London
Biggs":3vyorga5 said:
The-Pilgrim":3vyorga5 said:
chunkymonkey78":3vyorga5 said:
Would make sense if they're keeping tabs on Tanner and Clarke watched the u21 friendly against us?

I hope this one year contract and they have to earn the rest thing doesnt backfire on DA.

Might be wrong but I thought it was a 1 year contract and we had an option on the 2nd year?

We might do, but he doesn't have to take it up, presumably. Otherwise it would be a 2 year deal with an option for us to terminate after one year.

In summary: I don't know

I'm no expert either but I think these are usually based on appearances, or similar criteria. So if the player plays a certain number of games the club has the option to take the second year. That was the way Hartley's contract worked IIRC.

Sep 6, 2006
demportdave":2wlnc56y said:
TCL":2wlnc56y said:
Unfortunately my Reading supporting mates inform me that he is on Steve Clarkes radar
In their current position. Reading will be looking to sign potential Premiership players, not a 26 year old League 2 guy who might be able to step up one more Division at best.

Argyle signed journeyman midfield players from Scotland to play in the Championship such as Lasley, Clarke and Patterson and they were just not good enough. Based on his career to date, I would put him in that category.

Carey is a good player at this level but I doubt he could go much higher. Don't get carried away by a few decent performances in the bottom Division against pretty average opposition.

He could definitely play at least 1 league higher and I cant see us keeping him for long. Would be a terrible shame not to at least get a decent fee for him due to his contract. Interesting to know how many goals we have scored he has not been involved in. I am fearful of our creative options without him.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Biggs":12r235gw said:
Ollieargyle9":12r235gw said:
Steve Clark and Reading are in decline, Clark unable to find work in the Premier League settling for Championship football and Reading targetting top half finishes at best these days.

I'm no fan of Reading (most boring club in the country) but they're 3rd in the table, flying and looked brilliant against Middlesbrough at the weekend.

:lol: Shows how much attention I pay to the Championship.

A

acorn

HongKongGreen":1xvo5ln0 said:
Very well deserved.

Spotted this montage earlier which outlines how much of an influence he has been for us this season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rcTT8GbIdo

Look forward to watching him progress over the coming months! :scarf:

What a montage that is, most players would take at least a season to get that many highlights.

A

acorn

He could definitely play at least 1 league higher and I cant see us keeping him for long. Would be a terrible shame not to at least get a decent fee for him due to his contract. Interesting to know how many goals we have scored he has not been involved in. I am fearful of our creative options without him.[/quote]

Lets hope they sign him up for longer and he is playing a league higher next year, WITH US :scarf:

Mar 23, 2008
Back on topic and away from pure speculation, well done that man and richly deserved.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
jespafc":1cldg2fe said:
Amazing montage.

I say let's enjoy this season of him, because he is destined for a higher league.
Hopefully league 1 with us!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Graham Carey is too good for this league. His level is probably a league higher. No reason why he shouldn't still be at Argyle next season if we get promoted though. In fact if we get promoted I fully expect him to still be here.