Grandstand Plan 'B' | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Plan 'B'

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I detest open corners and loved the buildings on the proposed HHP stand.

However, if that means that we have a stand and then can fill in the corners to make it up to about 21,000 all seater then it's a step in the right direction for me.

Mar 29, 2011
I didn't mean open corners, I mean I like the buildings. It makes our ground different.

Anything but Shrewsbury's new corners that they've filled in! :facepalm:

If indeed our landlord P.C.C are going to be funding and facilitating the redevelopment of our grandstand, I wonder where that will leave the 'buy-back' option that has been discussed on here in the past.

Having a nice new shiney grandstand would undoubtedly make that option much more appealing, however personally I hope this clause is taken off the table during negotiations on plan B. Taking the ground from public ownership didn't help our cause in recent times and I for one feel much more secure with being us being a tenant without ownership to create debts against.

Just so glad things finally appear to be moving forward, this city; club and fans deserve a ground with 4 sides and with the possibility of a supporters bar (hopefully accessible to all and not just grandstand ticket holders), I'm genuinely excited about the redevelopment for the first time in ages.

Nov 4, 2012
Jasa":6b3lr697 said:
I didn't mean open corners, I mean I like the buildings. It makes our ground different.

There just for the Chelsea game surely? They do look ridiculous.

Mar 29, 2011
PAFC94":25fz4y46 said:
Jasa":25fz4y46 said:

There just for the Chelsea game surely? They do look ridiculous.

I hope so!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If we are in with a chance of something on the last day of the season, we'll make the Chelsea game look like a Vicar's tea party.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Green_Matt":18alw826 said:
Interesting. Then old plans were acceptable at best in terms of the stand but it seems neither commercial investors nor the public were keen on the rest of the HHP plans.

Now I'd like to see a reasonably enlarged, non-restrictive version of the planned grandstand go ahead with as little flim flam attached to the scheme as possible.

As would I, but I won't hold my breath.

If this actually happens under JB's tenure, I'll buy everyone in this thread a pint.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Andy Holland":217jh0ws said:
Green_Matt":217jh0ws said:
Interesting. Then old plans were acceptable at best in terms of the stand but it seems neither commercial investors nor the public were keen on the rest of the HHP plans.

Now I'd like to see a reasonably enlarged, non-restrictive version of the planned grandstand go ahead with as little flim flam attached to the scheme as possible.

If this actually happens under JB's tenure, I'll buy everyone in this thread a pint.
I'd better join the thread :) Cheers Andy :stout:

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Sep 28, 2003
London
Trev501":183ezmfw said:
Andy Holland":183ezmfw said:
Green_Matt":183ezmfw said:

I'd better join the thread :) Cheers Andy :stout:

I feel like my money is safe Trev :thumbup:

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Anything is better just build it!

im sure the devonport end can be added to if needs be if we ever go through the roof league table wise.