Grandstand Update | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters
May 16, 2016
derbygreen":1zxix8s6 said:
I'm surprised there is no talk/discussion with additional income coming from fans. Buy a brick/seat. Sponsorship. It would be nice to contribute if it helped and the fans money could be seen after the stand was complete.

Done the brick thing, won't bother again. :(

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Verte":x3vv3f7s said:
ill say it again..if it was good it would have been leaked.

Not sure about that logic...

E

Electronic

derbygreen":j3k4rlhv said:
I'm surprised there is no talk/discussion with additional income coming from fans. Buy a brick/seat. Sponsorship. It would be nice to contribute if it helped and the fans money could be seen after the stand was complete.

Perhaps people would simply like to see those who are running the business - and ultimately stand to benefit from the appreciating asset when they sell - continue to fund the improvements. The financial benefit will be theirs if and when it comes and so, therefore, should the risk.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Electronic":29jagt5b said:
derbygreen":29jagt5b said:

Perhaps people would simply like to see those who are running the business - and ultimately stand to benefit from the appreciating asset when they sell - continue to fund the improvements. The financial benefit will be theirs if and when it comes and so, therefore, should the risk.
This.

Jul 29, 2010
Biggs":33xccavt said:
Verte":33xccavt said:

Me too, there was a time when Argyle leaked like a sieve, not any more. The club has tightened up considerably in recent years.

No leaks means nothing.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
X Isle":3khbt0iy said:
Biggs":3khbt0iy said:
Verte":3khbt0iy said:

Me too, there was a time when Argyle leaked like a sieve, not any more. The club has tightened up considerably in recent years.

No leaks means nothing.

Just an excuse to have a snipe. :sigh:

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but can't see anywhere that there will definitely be permanent seating on the Mayflower Terrace. Apologise if I have missed it but can anyone confirm this will be the case.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Larry David":1ng0ds34 said:
Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but can't see anywhere that there will definitely be permanent seating on the Mayflower Terrace. Apologise if I have missed it but can anyone confirm this will be the case.

I think you concern is being lost in terminology. The Mayflower seating will effectively become part of the reconfigured modern grandstand, and not in the future described as the Mayflower seating enclosure.

Jul 29, 2010
Tom Cobbley":i02rgroy said:
Will we see naming rights in exchange for cash?
If there's money to be taken, take it. Every penny someone else gives us is a penny the club don't have to find from operating expenditure.

In days gone by I used to think it would be sad to call our home turf anything but Home Park. But then when you think about it in practical terms only the club and the media will use any new name anyway, we fans will always call it Home Park :cool:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We had the FES Devonport End in 2012 but no-one referred to it as that.

Jul 29, 2010
PL2 3DQ":10g0q72k said:
We had the FES Devonport End in 2012 but no-one referred to it as that.
Zackly, corporate can do what it likes, the fans won't change.

All I would hope though it that it wasn't an embarrassing moniker we got saddled with, like the Tampax Arena or summat :oops:

May 16, 2016
Tom Cobbley":v8tkx5ko said:
Will we see naming rights in exchange for cash?

Slip me £50 and I'll refer to it anyway you want ;)

Anyone who wants to part with serious money can call it whatever they like.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Quintrell_Green":piyskr62 said:
Larry David":piyskr62 said:

I think you concern is being lost in terminology. The Mayflower seating will effectively become part of the reconfigured modern grandstand, and not in the future described as the Mayflower seating enclosure.

Ok thanks QG will be good to see the plans when available, sounds promising.

Aug 15, 2008
kernow19 not having a snipe. But some fans have seen the plans and all i mean is if it was mindblowingly good someone would have leaked it.

However as mentioned Home Park is no longer is a mine of information.

Appreciate the generous loan from Hallett and lets hope the extra revenue this season is siphoned into the development too. I reckon we made an extra 1.75 million from FA cup, TV money and Nelson cash.