Great website Argyle shirts history | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Great website Argyle shirts history

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Ed":1fi8t1ra said:
Ed":1fi8t1ra said:
Looking back at the historical kits site I think my favourite apart from the 60s chest hoop classics might be the 1948-49 one, green shirt with black trim, white shorts, green and black hooped socks. I think you could do a modern version of that which would look excellent, be a bit different and feel really right as an Argyle kit.

As I'm bored on a Saturday without football I thought I'd have a play around on photoshop again for the first time in ages, Adam sent me his brilliant full kit template a while back and I love his halved kit absed on an old design so I thought I'd have a go at the 40s kit I mentioned above. I didn't want to put a real manufacturer's logo on but I thought something should fill the space where one should be so I've used Pasoti's logo instead, although happy to change it wanted.

Argyle%20Hoopsocks.png

That is a lovely kit.

I know I'm one for posting radical designs but I would love just a green shirt. The simplicity of it would be beautiful.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
This is what I mean.....

Classic_Selection.png

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Keep it up guys, the Pasoti Two have beaten anything Puma can create that's for sure.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Adam Dyer":209zjarp said:
Ed":209zjarp said:
Ed":209zjarp said:
Looking back at the historical kits site I think my favourite apart from the 60s chest hoop classics might be the 1948-49 one, green shirt with black trim, white shorts, green and black hooped socks. I think you could do a modern version of that which would look excellent, be a bit different and feel really right as an Argyle kit.

As I'm bored on a Saturday without football I thought I'd have a play around on photoshop again for the first time in ages, Adam sent me his brilliant full kit template a while back and I love his halved kit absed on an old design so I thought I'd have a go at the 40s kit I mentioned above. I didn't want to put a real manufacturer's logo on but I thought something should fill the space where one should be so I've used Pasoti's logo instead, although happy to change it wanted.

Argyle%20Hoopsocks.png

That is a lovely kit.

I know I'm one for posting radical designs but I would love just a green shirt. The simplicity of it would be beautiful.
Substitute the city coat of arms for the Blue Peter badge and this would be perfect.

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
memory man":30d9l222 said:
Adam Dyer":30d9l222 said:
Ed":30d9l222 said:
Ed":30d9l222 said:

Argyle%20Hoopsocks.png

That is a lovely kit.

Substitute the city coat of arms for the Blue Peter badge and this would be perfect.

Hard to find pictures of our kits when we used it or of the coat of arms itself to use (I'm nowhere near good enough on Photoshop to make my own!) but using the historical kits site and the photos of replicas on Toffs I've had a go, may be miles wrong. It's not for me, I like thecurrent badge, but interesting.

Argyle%20Hoopsocks%20Citycrest.png

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Ed":xlzwz7ju said:
Adam's black and green halves is gorgeous but not with white socks, white socks rarely look good, particularly when there's little or no white elsewhere on the kit, they just look terribly out of place.

The worst kit, recent or otherwise, is the two tone Adidas monstrosity. Literally everything was wrong with it. The wrong badge, the weird stripes, the bizarre shoulders and misplaced Adidas badge, two different greens (three if you count the dark stripes and back not quite matching), white socks, the Ginsters blob, I have never hated a kit like I did that one.

Has there ever been a club strip (any team) that had odd socks?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Ed":h8qzio92 said:
memory man":h8qzio92 said:
Adam Dyer":h8qzio92 said:

Argyle%20Hoopsocks.png

That is a lovely kit.

Hard to find pictures of our kits when we used it or of the coat of arms itself to use (I'm nowhere near good enough on Photoshop to make my own!) but using the historical kits site and the photos of replicas on Toffs I've had a go, may be miles wrong. It's not for me, I like thecurrent badge, but interesting.

Argyle%20Hoopsocks%20Citycrest.png
I appreciate not everyone shares my view of the Allison logo. But thanks for making my day. I have the TOFFS 1959 shirt with the coat of arms badge and there is a mistake on it - they have left out the "est" in our city motto. Back in those days there were very few clubs without the city or town badge. Even the Bristol, Sheffield, Nottingham and Manchester clubs wore their city badge. Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham and Chelsea never did, but I suppose they were districts more than clearly defined cities and towns. Outside the main cities I can recall that Norwich and Chesterfield always had logos and I suspect there were a few more. Thanks again for the illustration - superb.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
GreenArmy1984":23lgw04x said:
Sorry everyone I Prefer next seasons Stripe Home Shirt 2015-16

Pre order 1st June :thumbs:

Don't spoil a good thread. :scarf:

Dec 3, 2005
pilgrimmike1":1hoisy1h said:
GreenArmy1984":1hoisy1h said:
Sorry everyone I Prefer next seasons Stripe Home Shirt 2015-16

Pre order 1st June :thumbs:

You either need help, specsavers or a Labrador :roll:

The football isn't that bad at Home Park - oh wait a minute :)

May 26, 2015
djg145":e915yz6c said:
I found this website, showing the complete history of Argyle shirts and a brief history of the Club and the changes to the Club badges. Some of you may find it interesting.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Plymout ... Argyle.htm

:scarf:
The 1899 to 1901 strip is magnificent. We should never depart from the City's green, black and white colours home or away. Nice to see black shorts for next seasons home kit

Dec 3, 2005
RochdaleGreen":yt0qs1ph said:
djg145":yt0qs1ph said:
I found this website, showing the complete history of Argyle shirts and a brief history of the Club and the changes to the Club badges. Some of you may find it interesting.

The 1899 to 1901 strip is magnificent. We should never depart from the City's green, black and white colours home or away. Nice to see black shorts for next seasons home kit

Agree in total - but have you seen the new away strip? :facepalm: :furious: :facepalm:

May 26, 2015
djg145":luuainz7 said:
RochdaleGreen":luuainz7 said:
djg145":luuainz7 said:

Agree in total - but have you seen the new away strip? :facepalm: :furious: :facepalm:
Thanks. Just seen the away kit, and it is absolutely awful. I would never, ever wear it. Our famous green, black and white colours is our strongest selling point across the country. Can anyone explain why we should ever depart from them?