Hallett: “We've made mistakes” | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hallett: “We've made mistakes”

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
He didn't quite say that, his exact words were..............

Thanks to the Herald for the quote.
Thank you. Good to see the context. Reading that I’m guessing it was the day his family was visiting and the crowd were shouting for him to be fired and other things, and not social media.

I get the human factor in wanted not to give in to knuckle draggers, but it really shouldn’t have had any influence on a decision critical to the club staying up.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
So how much have results, even performances improved since he left? Not hugely if you include a game v bottom of the table side.
Well I don't know how it would have panned out had he stayed but based on how it was going and knowing what we know now about the behind the scenes stuff, we were likely to continue losing.
We could argue a heavy defeat at the hands of Leicester but conversely we could argue that the away games would have brough points, but 7 points in three games was a good start, its now 7 from 15 which if the results were say v Millwall and stoke would been seen as a good return.
No one will ever know how it would have gone but we seem to be playing similar football to Foster but there are obvious differences too, but i am certainly pleased Foster is no longer in charge :)

Oct 10, 2018
Well mmmm,

I am struggling to see what we would have achieved.

Failer is the opposite to achieving, so I would have loved SH to expand on his reasoning.

"If we fail now, it's fair to say we've already achieved a lot on a low budget.

Mar 24, 2019
So how much have results, even performances improved since he left? Not hugely if you include a game v bottom of the table side.
foster had to go for the sake of squad harmony..but I think our best performances after schuey left have all been under foster ( Blackburn, Middlesbrough and Cardiff) ..I think our attacking threat under dewsnip and nance has been non -existent

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
That’s a bit like saying Birmingham may as well have kept on Rooney. The assumption is that you hopefully replace the bad manager with a good one. There are no guarantees the successor will do any better, but is that a reason to have stuck with Foster?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Foster had to go but things haven’t improved much under Dewsnip/Nancekivell, there was a lot of talk at the start about letting the shackles off and wanting to play with freedom and flare, unfortunately I haven’t seen a lot of evidence to back those words up, the performances against Stoke and Millwall were Foster performances.

Feb 8, 2005
Hallett showing just how little he understands about football (having said as much himself) and is quite prepared to have us go back to league one where of course he can afford to run a club.
I would assume he would rather we were there and someone takes over from him once we are a top league one team every season but no aspiration of going back to the Championship, he could of course just be bored of the toy now?
Wash your mouth out with soap and water!

Hallett is as much a fan as you or I.

He does not have the ability to engineer a decision as to where we will be playing next season, that is down to the management and coaching staff as well as the players.

I am sure that he would be as delighted as we are if we survived this season.

Reactions: Granby Green
Feb 8, 2005
Foster had to go but things haven’t improved much under Dewsnip/Nancekivell, there was a lot of talk at the start about letting the shackles off and wanting to play with freedom and flare, unfortunately I haven’t seen a lot of evidence to back those words up, the performances against Stoke and Millwall were Foster performances.
The performances against Stoke and Millwall were disappointing, but where are we going to get our forward momentum from?

Playing with freedom and flair against a team good enough to be vying for the play-offs is a sure fire way of losing the match by more than just a few goals.

Defence first and foremost, with attempting to make the most of any breakaway moments.

Stay solid and then hit on the break when possible.

I know we aren't playing against Real Madrid or Barcelona, but they are a better team than us, they have far better players than us, they are on a good winning run so will be playing with confidence, and they will be fired up to get that last play-off place any way they can.

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada