Hillsborough | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hillsborough

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
tigertony":2h4bbtvn said:
crownhillpilgrim":2h4bbtvn said:
It's the 25th anniversary so it's not every year.
So why is tonights game kicking-off 7 mins late ?????

The 7 minutes represent the time from kick-off until it was realised that something was tragically wrong.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
tigertony":1tgc63e1 said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26685698

Very sad event but I don't agree with this. Ibrox ? Valley Parade ? Burnden Park 1946 ?
We remember the WW's once a year and that was millions.

The difference with Hillsborough is it could have been any of us. Fate had it that it was 96 Liverpool fans but any club could have made the semis instead of the reds.

Nov 4, 2012
Hillsborough seems to take more precedence over the other disasters, Valley Parade and Heysel never get remembered. Kicking off at 3.07 was just stupid.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
PAFC94":lpugaepf said:
Hillsborough seems to take more precedence over the other disasters, Valley Parade and Heysel never get remembered. Kicking off at 3.07 was just stupid.
or Ibrox or Burnden Park !
If Heathrow had a minutes silence for every plane crash all flights would be stopped.
I'm still not sure what the ''justice'' agenda covers in total.

All very sad but time to try to move on.

May 1, 2011
tigertony":20oax1yh said:
PAFC94":20oax1yh said:
or Ibrox or Burnden Park !
If Heathrow had a minutes silence for every plane crash all flights would be stopped.
I'm still not sure what the ''justice'' agenda covers in total.

All very sad but time to try to move on.

I think a large part of the issue is there has never been justice for the 96, hence the continued publicity. An establishment cover up that was cooked up in the Thatcher cabinet, and they wonder why the police are distrusted and disliked. It's taken 25 years to get a proper investigation, disgusting.

May 2, 2007
seaton
'All very sad but time to try and move on'. Isn't that what the police were saying 25 year ago?

96 people died, countless families ripped apart and 'football' was blamed. But it wasn't 'footballs' fault and all 96 deserve justice.

Anyone who watched on TV that day and claims kicking off at 3.07 is wrong doesn't deserve football.

Nov 4, 2012
RCC Green":1cdn8n6l said:
'All very sad but time to try and move on'. Isn't that what the police were saying 25 year ago?

96 people died, countless families ripped apart and 'football' was blamed. But it wasn't 'footballs' fault and all 96 deserve justice.

Anyone who watched on TV that day and claims kicking off at 3.07 is wrong doesn't deserve football.

Why is there never a minutes silence for the other disasters though, the Juventus fans that were murdered by the Liverpool thugs, Valley Parade, Ibrox etc? In by book you should remember all of them.

May 2, 2007
seaton
I'm sure there have been silences for both Ibrox and Valley Parade in the recent past. The reason Hillsborough gets heard about more is because it changed football forever, it means another Heysel, Valley Parade or Ibrox is very unlikely to happen again. For this very reason the 96 victims and their families deserve justice or at least the truth. Until now they have got neither. They are one of the main reasons that your family know you will come back from each and every game alive. They didn't.

Still not worth a minutes silence?