Home Park pitch looking good (groundsman tweet) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park pitch looking good (groundsman tweet)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Thanks again to Keith Todd for the only positive contribution he made. :roll:

Shame we never were able to pay for it though. :oops: :furious:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I always remind people we paid a lot of money for that pitch, nowhere near as much as we should, but from memory it was something like £125,000.

Aug 15, 2008
Thats a superb surface. It is a credit to the Groundsman and his team. It is better than some Premier League pitches I would wager.

Fantastic - Lets keep the ball down on it and pass pass pass!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Verte":1lswk3yi said:
Thats a superb surface. It is a credit to the Groundsman and his team. It is better than some Premier League pitches I would wager.

Probably true but the ironic thing is, it would have to be dug up after one year in the Premier League because it doesn't comply with mandatory under soil heating as now required from a club's second season in the top flight.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Lundan Cabbie":2xdategg said:
Verte":2xdategg said:

Probably true but the ironic thing is, it would have to be dug up after one year in the Premier League because it doesn't comply with mandatory under soil heating as now required from a club's second season in the top flight.

Well, I don't think we need to worry about that for the foreseeable future, anyway. :thumbs: .

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
kernow19":2bk6i3sy said:
Lundan Cabbie":2bk6i3sy said:
Verte":2bk6i3sy said:

Well, I don't think we need to worry about that for the foreseeable future, anyway. :thumbs: .

Haha, can't argue with that. I just meant that it's a strange quirk of English football that with all the debate over capacity and facilities, the one thing that Argyle already have that is Premier League is the playing surface yet should they get there, it is one thing that would have to be upgraded.

L

lambanog

IJN":2867lc4p said:
I always remind people we paid a lot of money for that pitch, nowhere near as much as we should, but from memory it was something like £125,000.

IJN, I assume this comment is very tongue in cheek, I was of the understanding that the pitch laying company were not fully paid.

Another issue, it's magnificent having one of, if not the best pitches in the league, but also worrying that our opposition use it to their advantage whilst we don't.

Sometimes I wonder if a pitch like this is a negative not a positive.

Many years ago, and I cannot comment now, but Millbay was a better pitch than a number of league clubs playing surfaces.

Edited as my iPad took control of spelling, bledday things they are .

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
I understand the company that laid the pitch recouping their money as they are supplying the fertilizer and also might have been involved in relaying and seeding the new pitch. I feel that if I have misunderstood the situation someone will correct me. :scarf:

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Sexiest pitch I've ever seen.