Interesting day for Everton & Nottingham Forest | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Interesting day for Everton & Nottingham Forest

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
This news makes the relegation battle a bit less interesting. And from a selfish point of view I'd much rather a trip to Goodison Park next season and not Kenilworth Road.

The current bottom three is pretty uninspiring isn't it. I like all three grounds actually, they're all proper traditional football grounds, but I can't get excited about any of the three teams. Especially Luton who always seemed to win at Home Park when we were last together.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

RB00194

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 8, 2024
Disgusting. Hope all the clubs relegated because of their dodgy dealings sue.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Not quite… they are investigating 115 charges against them. It could be cataclysmic for City, I really hope so.

I hope so to but with the new rule changes coming in regarding no points deduction and just big fines Man City may get lucky

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
Not quite… they are investigating 115 charges against them. It could be cataclysmic for City, I really hope so.
Seems to be taking a very long time, expect they’re afraid of the power of their lawyers. Seems to be easier to go after the smaller clubs.

Then again City got away this before and I expect they will again.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Everton lodge a appeal for their latest points deduction and it’s set to be heard in next couple weeks and Nottingham Forest hearing is set to take place next week

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Seems to be taking a very long time, expect they’re afraid of the power of their lawyers. Seems to be easier to go after the smaller clubs.

Then again City got away this before and I expect they will again.
There is a difference between straightforward breaches of Profit and Sustainability Regs (the updated name for FFP), and potentially criminal breaches of Corporate Finance laws. Both Everton and Forest (and Leicester…) have admitted breaches of PSR, so the only argument is about the penalty, not the charge.
Man City make so much money across all their revenue streams, that according to their accounts, they have not breached PSR. The issue for them is a very large number (allegedly) of breaches of accounting laws and regulations: over or under valuing players, swapping capital and revenue streams, moving money and asset transfers across accounting years etc etc. This requires a forensic investigation of their accounts, as against the case of Everton etc, where there is no indication of legal shenanigans, just that they overspent.
It could well be that when Man City’s accounts have been thoroughly investigated that they have breached PSR as well but that will be least of their worries compared to the criminal charges of false accounting they might face.
So, it isn’t “ah but why have they not got to Man City”? because they are not facing FFP/PSR but something altogether different and far more serious.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
There is a difference between straightforward breaches of Profit and Sustainability Regs (the updated name for FFP), and potentially criminal breaches of Corporate Finance laws. Both Everton and Forest (and Leicester…) have admitted breaches of PSR, so the only argument is about the penalty, not the charge.
Man City make so much money across all their revenue streams, that according to their accounts, they have not breached PSR. The issue for them is a very large number (allegedly) of breaches of accounting laws and regulations: over or under valuing players, swapping capital and revenue streams, moving money and asset transfers across accounting years etc etc. This requires a forensic investigation of their accounts, as against the case of Everton etc, where there is no indication of legal shenanigans, just that they overspent.
It could well be that when Man City’s accounts have been thoroughly investigated that they have breached PSR as well but that will be least of their worries compared to the criminal charges of false accounting they might face.
So, it isn’t “ah but why have they not got to Man City”? because they are not facing FFP/PSR but something altogether different and far more serious.
Thanks for the explanation BG, I assume you have an accountancy/legal background.

Clearly, you are suggesting that there are two possible issues here, one for the football authorities and one for the law. Is it possible that a club could get convicted of false accounting, but be found not to have breached FFR and their footballing penalties, say points deducted, from FA/PL could be less than those who have breached FFR? Or would being convicted of false accounting also breach football rules as well? This is not to dismiss the legal sanctions, I am just interested in the potential football implications on a subject I have limited understanding of.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Thanks for the explanation BG, I assume you have an accountancy/legal background.

Clearly, you are suggesting that there are two possible issues here, one for the football authorities and one for the law. Is it possible that a club could get convicted of false accounting, but be found not to have breached FFR and their footballing penalties, say points deducted, from FA/PL could be less than those who have breached FFR? Or would being convicted of false accounting also breach football rules as well? This is not to dismiss the legal sanctions, I am just interested in the potential football implications on a subject I have limited understanding of.
Good questions BE. No, I am not an expert but read up a bit on the topics.
Yes, it is possible that a very rich club might not breach Profit and Sustainability regs, but have broken the law.
However, the point of accounting fraud would be to avoid FFP/PSR regs. Cheating, basically.
What would the FA/PL do if they find that Man City have stayed within FFP/PSR by intentionally cooking the books? It would stand to reason that the penalty (aside from any legal proceedings) would dwarf those of Everton etc.

Reactions: boletus edulis

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
...and now Everton have been larruped 6-0 at Chelsea. It’s not looking good.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Does anyone else think Dyche is getting away with it a bit there? 1 win in 15 in the league, not many would survive that kind of form.