Interview with Argyle analyst | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Interview with Argyle analyst

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
chunkymonkey78":1em977pg said:
Think i had a few conversations with him on here back along, always seemed very knowledgeable......

Can't be that good on FM though, everyone knows if you're doubtful about a managerial move you start a new save slot so you can go back..... ;)

In the real world it's done with 12 month contracts. A hard reset.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Matt was a tidy goal keeper in his DJM days

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Liam Vercoe":2u4hjiua said:
I knew of Matt from old Football Manager forums from back when Peter Reid was manager and we'd talk about Argyle now and then (before I was on Pasoti) and he always seemed to know what he was talking about and have a genuine passion for football and Argyle.

I knew he was the analyst for Argyle but it's really interesting to see how he got the job. He's clearly good at it. I know at one point he had an account on Pasoti but I guess it's best for him if he doesnt use it any more!

I recall a fair few chats with Matt on the Si Games website some years ago. He also still has an account here and logs on now and again, even if he is just lurking :greensmile:

May 21, 2015
Somerset_Pilgrim":3kd9v8pr said:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/sep/29/football-manager-2017-sport-plymouth-argyle

Good article on the Guardian about our Football Analyst got into the game through Football Manager

Same article as the OP.
Nice for the lad to have the recognition. Perfect illustration of the differences between new and old schools of management in that Fletcher and Sheridan anecdote.

Apr 6, 2009
pedro91":3lyn041x said:
So what happened to the Conference South player?

I was reading the article and thought this was a preamble for him saying that it was a superstar ...... but I still don't know!

Jun 24, 2011
tandark":8f6n5g13 said:
Somerset_Pilgrim":8f6n5g13 said:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/sep/29/football-manager-2017-sport-plymouth-argyle

Good article on the Guardian about our Football Analyst got into the game through Football Manager

Same article as the OP.
Nice for the lad to have the recognition. Perfect illustration of the differences between new and old schools of management in that Fletcher and Sheridan anecdote.

Yep didn't notice there was already a thread on it! My mistake

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Dan Ellard":2m656iav said:
Ade the green":2m656iav said:
Dan Ellard":2m656iav said:
Ade the green":2m656iav said:
Pardon my ignorance but is this Plymouth Argyle as in playing on grass or Plymouth Argyle as in playing in pre-pubescent boys bedrooms?

He's been in the role for 4 years, under 3 different managers.

If he wasn't any good at his job then don't you think he would have been found out by now?

If you're good enough you're old enough and all that.

Where have I had any opinion as to whether he's any good. As the article frequently mentions Football Manager (a computer game I believe) I was merely asking if this was relating to the real world Argyle. I did say I was ignorant to the relevance of his position. Is that okay with you?
Apologies for taking your quote the wrong way.

And many thanks for your kind, polite and genuine reply.
:)