Jamille Matt on loan - update: extended to end of season | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamille Matt on loan - update: extended to end of season

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
demportdave":2fkdwu3o said:
Army green":2fkdwu3o said:
It's easy to sit and criticise from the stands, maybe, just maybe get behind a player like Reid and you will get more of a positive response from the player.[/quote
Are you implying that Reid, or any other player come to that, would actually play better if we cheered him longer and louder

Perhaps we should send him a birthday card and a cake to show how much we love and respect him.

I would hope that all of the Argyle players are aware of how desperate and keen we are to see them do well for themselves and for the team.
These players are just humans like ourselves. They have emotions and they feel pain. I have not had much one to one time with modern players but I enjoy a very close friendship with many of the players from the period 1958 to 1964. I was quite shocked that some of them still carried some emotional scars from their playing days. One told me that the barracking he received meant that he came to hate playing at Home Park and even went as far as to ask to be left out of the side. Talking to me about it 50 years on he was welling-up. Okay he was young and inexperienced but even some of the older, more battle-hardened players told me that at the time they were badly affected by the criticism. One very experienced player from the first Allison era told me that he had played all over the world with his international side. He felt that if there was a more unforgiving crowd than the one at Home Park then he never had the misfortune to play in front of them. "There was one particular fellow in the Devonport End. He gave me dog's abuse every home game I played, starting at the kick-in we used to have in those days. He said the most dreadful things and I was determined to see his face. I clocked him about the third time I heard it. Then, blow me down, a few weeks later I see the tw*t in the Mount Pleasant one night and he wants to shake me by the hand, buy me a drink and tell me how much he supports the team. I am afraid he got told (shall we say) to get lost. I know the supporters paid their money and were entitled to their opinion, but with people like him it is little wonder we started to struggle for a few seasons. You just hated your home games, the place where you should have been looking forward to playing. Some fans will never understand how much affect they can have on their team by getting behind them, especially when things may not be going so well." In fairness, there are others who felt it was water off a duck's back but I was shocked at the level of long-term damage that was done to a few players.

Mar 21, 2008
Great news this is, Matt and Reuben are a right handful because they can't just double mark the player that the ball is constantly being played to, they're both great at receiving the ball and they can both play off each other much better than Brunt and Reuben ever did.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
My hopes, expectations and spirits have just soared, Reuben and Jamille, no central defensive partnership will relish facing them, COYG.

Sep 8, 2013
Really encouraging news. It's up front that we need to get it right now. I would like to see Wylde (rather than Carey) wide on left and supplying good crosses for the two of them.

Feb 2, 2007
loyal1970":2vx21sh6 said:
Biggs":2vx21sh6 said:
nick_PASTIE":2vx21sh6 said:
Fantastic news, thank you Fleetwood!

Great news, but anyone else die a little when they read 'thank you Fleetwood!' :lol:

It's where we are, I guess.
indeed who would have thought a few year's ago we would but thankful to Fleetwood but as you say this is where we are.

I'm sure Fleetwood benefit from the deal and Matt is probably keen for a move/deemed surplus to requirements but I'm prepared to thank anyone for providing services of a player we desperately need!

I once thanked Exeter for Jamie Mackie too.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Wagga_Wagga":1otuhxci said:
cheshiregreen":1otuhxci said:
Nobby":1otuhxci said:
Loan is about to be extended. News at 11 on the OS via Twitter.

EDIT: http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/matt ... 48610.aspx

END OF SEASON.

Excellent.

Will this see Nardiello head back to Bury?

Nardiello is clearly nowhere near match fit. Anyone can see that.

Can't they?!

It is difficult to make out, for when I saw him run on as a sub, his legs seemed to move quickly but he did not cover much ground in the time. It does not necessarily make him a bad player for the great Tynan was no Wylde on 2 feet.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Quintrell_Green":2vxkzzy3 said:
Wagga_Wagga":2vxkzzy3 said:
cheshiregreen":2vxkzzy3 said:
Nobby":2vxkzzy3 said:
Loan is about to be extended. News at 11 on the OS via Twitter.

EDIT: http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/matt ... 48610.aspx

END OF SEASON.

Excellent.

Will this see Nardiello head back to Bury?

Nardiello is clearly nowhere near match fit. Anyone can see that.

Can't they?!

It is difficult to make out, for when I saw him run on as a sub, his legs seemed to move quickly but he did not cover much ground in the time. It does not necessarily make him a bad player for the great Tynan was no Wylde on 2 feet.

No player will get match fit when not in the match day squad.

All the more curious that Nardiello was not given some game time in this week's development game.

Dec 18, 2005
demportdave":2gf9m6lk said:
Army green":2gf9m6lk said:
It's easy to sit and criticise from the stands, maybe, just maybe get behind a player like Reid and you will get more of a positive response from the player.[/quote
Are you implying that Reid, or any other player come to that, would actually play better if we cheered him longer and louder

Perhaps we should send him a birthday card and a cake to show how much we love and respect him.

I would hope that all of the Argyle players are aware of how desperate and keen we are to see them do well for themselves and for the team.

Totally agree with Army Green. Home leg of the Wycombe play offs comes to mind.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
jess_pafc":3pof013t said:
demportdave":3pof013t said:
Army green":3pof013t said:

Totally agree with Army Green. Home leg of the Wycombe play offs comes to mind.
Indeed, the perfect example.