JB/PCC | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

JB/PCC

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The replacement for R22 is R410A and has been around for years. I was in that industry 15 years ago and used it then, I doubt that any business like the Pavilions would wait until the last possible minute (by law) to change to the new gas and subsequent new parts.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You'd be surprised Ian, there's tonnes of the stuff still operating major plant, way, way bigger than an ice rink, and they intend to continue using it until they leak. Dangerous decision in my mind (particularly in the food industry) but I know people that are.

The stupid thing is, we (UK) are banned from topping up from December 2014, as it's so 'dangerous' to the climate, yet we can sell it to India, China and such places perfectly legally. Are they not on our planet then??

M

MikeN

IJN":2osawyhn said:
The stupid thing is, we (UK) are banned from topping up from December 2014, as it's so 'dangerous' to the climate, yet we can sell it to India, China and such places perfectly legally. Are they not on our planet then??

It's annoying, from a Western POV, but it happens with all such environmental agreements. India and China could, not unreasonably, point out that we've got rich off the back of giving Mother Earth a fairly vigorous seeing to for the last 150 years, so pulling the drawbridge up now and saying, essentially, "sorry lads, you'll just have to live with that whole grinding poverty thing - the planet's got a headache" is a bit of a cheek.

Thing is, if we don't make the first move, we have absolutely no change of coaxing developing countries along with us (as opposed to the very little chance we probably currently have :/)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I sort of get where you're coming from but I would guess that China (in particular) have caused more environmental danger in the last 20 than we have in the last 200.

I'd also add that the good old US of A have been 'sluggish' in certain areas over the last 20 years as well.

Jun 16, 2006
IJN":2cxgnmcg said:
You'd be surprised Ian, there's tonnes of the stuff still operating major plant, way, way bigger than an ice rink, and they intend to continue using it until they leak. Dangerous decision in my mind (particularly in the food industry) but I know people that are.

Ian, Thanks for clarifying what I meant in my post.

I'd heard the "run it until it breaks" strategy was what PCC had adopted as Pavillions should have been flattened for Millbay Boulevard in line with Area Action Plan before the deadline, but hopefully they have already addressed.

M

MikeN

IJN":ht61r3d9 said:
I sort of get where you're coming from but I would guess that China (in particular) have caused more environmental danger in the last 20 than we have in the last 200.

I'd also add that the good old US of A have been 'sluggish' in certain areas over the last 20 years as well.

Depends who you mean by 'we' regarding China, but I would still think the odds are pretty slim. Maybe on a cumulative impact over time, but I can't imagine that they're as bad as us (whether that's the UK, EU, the West, or the wealthy nations) on a per capita basis. I think China only edged above the EU on per capita emissions last year, and our per capita emissions are generally going down.

They do seem to be doing their best to catch up though! And the septics are a law unto themselves. God gave them the earth to eff up, I guess.

Anyway, I'm hijacking. Sorry! :greensmile:

N

NorfolkGreen

Is page 9 of this thread a mystery link go another thread, it's all gone a bit off topic.

Mar 12, 2011
Plymouth
It is all up in the air because PCC has given permission, to build a cinema on Bretonside and move the bus station.

Talk to most coach & taxi drivers in Plymouth and they believe Bretonside is the bust place for he Bus Station just spend a little bit of money on it, and bring it up to the 21st century.
The company that agreed to build the Cinema complex and fund the Grandstand see's the Bretonside project as a problem with another cinema in the mix,
Why PCC do we need another cinema that side of town , which will scupper any hopes of a new Grandstand at Plymouth Argyle.

So PCC why, when you agreed to JB proposal for HHP.have you gone for agreeing for another cinema that side of Plymouth.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
happydays69":2dg5qhvi said:
It is all up in the air because PCC has given permission, to build a cinema on Bretonside and move the bus station.

Talk to most coach & taxi drivers in Plymouth and they believe Bretonside is the bust place for he Bus Station just spend a little bit of money on it, and bring it up to the 21st century.
The company that agreed to build the Cinema complex and fund the Grandstand see's the Bretonside project as a problem with another cinema in the mix,
Why PCC do we need another cinema that side of town , which will scupper any hopes of a new Grandstand at Plymouth Argyle.

So PCC why, when you agreed to JB proposal for HHP.have you gone for agreeing for another cinema that side of Plymouth.

I don't think that PCC are responsible for HHP not going ahead. HHP was struggling to get off the ground long before Bretonside was announced.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
'Announced' yes, but I would imagine the word was out there about Bretonside way, way before it was announced.

I think it's a complete dead duck now. Let's hope that the Council and Argyle get together and sort this one out one way or another.

I can see 2016/2017 without a new stand though.

Sad times, I was looking forward to the lovely looking ground as well.