Joe Kinnear RIP | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Joe Kinnear RIP

IJN

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
Nov 29, 2012
Sad news, he's had dementia for quite a few years I believe.

Ad astra Joe.

• Sad
Reactions: Flagman

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
Sad news, he's had dementia for quite a few years I believe.

Ad astra Joe.
I think he started to become affected during his last spell at Newcastle. Vascular dementia. Very sad

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2015
Good guy was Joe Kinnear and a real wind up merchant but funny with it. Certainly a great rivalry with us in 2001-2 as Aldershot has adhered to above

I remember Argyle fans singing a song about him which, to his credit, he found amusing.

Out of respect I won’t put it on here but I’m sure most remember it.

Another character of the game taken to early. RIP Joe

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2012
I remember Luggy pinning a newspaper article on the dressing room wall after Kinnear said prior to the game that we were a little club of no consequence. Can’t remember the score, but we definitely won.
Jeepers, it seems like yesterday! I was on a walking holiday in North Devon at the time, but on the morning of the game the 'pull' of Argyle v Luton proved too much so it was off to HP for the day.

We won 2-1, having gone behind, and Mickey Evans was sent off.

Cue '1-0 and you .... ahem .... failed to take advantage of a one man advantage and didn't put the game to bed'.

I think the ground was being redeveloped and only The Mayflower was occupied?

Sad news - Joe Kinnear helped to create some great memories by 'poking Argyle with a stick' that season.

Flagman

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 16, 2003
Leixlip, Co. Kildare, Ireland
The 'Average Joe Soap' in relation to Cocko, was the one that got us going, not that Cocko needed extra encouragement. RIP Joe, enjoy watching the game up high, average height for most of his teams passes :geek:
For anyone that remembers the Sultans of Ping song about Nigel Clough

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum

MikeD

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✅ Evergreen
Oct 20, 2003
Calgary, Canada
Sad to see Joe Kinnear has died. We had some good run ins with him when he was at Luton (was it Cocko he called a Joe Soap defender?) but he was never less than entertaining!

Condolences to his family.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Sorry to see him gone. Gave great memories to the Wimbledon faithful, among others. Rest in Peace.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Jeepers, it seems like yesterday! I was on a walking holiday in North Devon at the time, but on the morning of the game the 'pull' of Argyle v Luton proved too much so it was off to HP for the day.

We won 2-1, having gone behind, and Mickey Evans was sent off.

Cue '1-0 and you .... ahem .... failed to take advantage of a one man advantage and didn't put the game to bed'.

I think the ground was being redeveloped and only The Mayflower was occupied?

Sad news - Joe Kinnear helped to create some great memories by 'poking Argyle with a stick' that season.
I remember that game so well. Yes, everyone crammed into the Mayflower and a come-back with 10 men. Amazing atmosphere given only that side of the ground was open!

Reactions: unhinched