Josh Simpson | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Josh Simpson

Jun 11, 2012
Tough call to make for DA.

McHugh, Boateng, Carey, Tanner & Simpson are all playing really well at present.

Carey & Tanner can of course also play wide, so there's potential for all 5 to play.

Nov 2, 2004
Thought he edged it as our best player.Excellent range of passing and always in the right place.Top player who will have a big role to play.Long may he stay fit.

Jul 29, 2010
Knarf Reprah":23myj36h said:
Crawley fans in the Fanfest were saying how good he was

I was saying it in the summer, keep up :wink:

Having seen a few games when Crawley were cutting through L2 Simpson was the beating heart of their team. Strong in the tackle and quick to pass forward or get forward.

Last night was close to what I remember of him in terms of effectiveness but there IS more to come. Clearly his injury came at a bad time, missing a chunk of pre-season never helps. Not only are you behind in fitness but if the team starts well, as it has, then someone else has got your shirt.

But he's a quality player at L2 level and was doing well in L1 too before his injury problems. When the one year contracts come up for renewal he's a 'must keep'.

Jul 29, 2010
Indeed. The January transfer window looks quite 'squeeky bum' with our contract lengths and the rising stock of our squad.

However. If it looks like we're challenging for promotion and we're a happy and contented camp you'd be cutting your nose off to spite your face to walk away to anywhere below the championship for want of a few penneth more. Championships and medals don't come round too often in a players career and 'Team Adams' appears to be on the march.

The loan players will have little say in it obviously but I can't see Palace or Reading itching to separate Hiram or Craig from a place where they're getting regular games and performing well.

Jan 29, 2006
I was very impressed with Josh. Good players will always seem to be in the right place at the right time, like he was against sh-ty. His display was faultless. Surely will push his way in ? If not keeps the rest on their toes.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
I work with a guy who comes from the Crawley area and he said he was very important to them and a great player before he had his injury. Give him some time to get the match sharpness there and I think we'll have a very good player on our hands.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He looked as fit and sharp as anyone on Tuesday night.
Also very impressed with his attitude and enthusiasm at Senior Greens. He attended with Hiram Boateng and they were both very impressive.