Lack of goalscorers. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lack of goalscorers.

Mar 5, 2012
Sorry for my ignorance, but wasn't RR A w0 Goal a season man..... That didn't get us up did it? ...

And from recollection, wasn't cocko the top scorer when we went up as champs?!

Feb 15, 2005
Of course we have Goodwillie who even the manager has realised does not consider good enough to start or come on as substitute!!! What a waste he is but he has the support of a lot of people on here!!!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I think Spencer is absolutely terrible. Offers nothing. The only weakness out squad is ar CF. Without Brunt and Garita, anyway.

Mar 8, 2016
samjones":1vuza1mb said:
Garita and Brunt are both better than Frank Spencer who quite frankly looks useless to me and the others that sit around me.
Jervis should be given a go up front until Garita and Brunt are back

You're very keen on giving spencer a hard time, which I feel is un called for, he's played well for us recently, yesterday was difficult as he had to deal with to many long balls, he was very isolated, it was a match that would have been perfect for the likes if gartia. I like spencer and think he will have more good games for us than bad.

Jan 7, 2013
argobenz":21m279g8 said:
Well here we go again (Tin hat on) last season I said when we were flying, that I thought we didn't have the goals in the side to gain automatic promotion. Some agreed and some slaughtered me, not one apologized when I was proven right but hey ho, I was as disappointed as they were, so it didn't matter.

Having just watched our very ineffective offensive performance (v Pompey) with relation to our recognized forwards (Spencer, Jervis & Slew today) I must say, I still feel we are lacking firepower, as far as an automatic promotion is concerned.

I thought Pompey's forwards looked a real threat, and were keen to run at our defense and attack the box. I'm pretty sure our defenders were happy to see the little fella get subbed, but to be fair the subs were of the same ilk.

Hopefully Garrita, Goodwillie, Spencer et al, will find their scoring boots and my fears will be addressed, but for now it's all midfield and defenders scoring most of the goals, and unfortunately that probably won't be enough.

Still, on the bright side 11 league games undefeated, and I still think the team has yet to reach the level it's capable of. So with momentum and a bit of luck, hopefully we can power on and get out of this horrible league.

:scarf:
You came in for stick last season because you would mention it after every bleedy game we didn't win by saying it looks like you are going to be right, and you are at it already this season. Goals aren't an issue 4 against Yeovil 2 against Pompey we aren't relying on one individual either as yesterday proved, everyone seems to be chipping in. I could understand such a thread if we had gone a few games just scraping the odd goal here and there but we haven't! Be positive man!!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
janner67":2j49ttw3 said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but wasn't RR A w0 Goal a season man..... That didn't get us up did it? ...

And from recollection, wasn't cocko the top scorer when we went up as champs?!

2001/2 goalscorers (including Cups).

Graham Coughlan 11, David Friio 11, Marino Keith 9, Ian Stonebridge 9, Martin Phillips 8, Mickey Evans 7, Lee Hodges 6, Paul Wotton 6, Jason Bent 4, Steve Adams 2, Nicky Banger 2, Brian McGlinchey 1, Blair Sturrock 1

With Bradley, Bulvitis and Carey, there is the potential for a similar spread of goals. However, a 20 goal striker would still be invaluable.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
With Sonny and Bully in the team we are a real threat at set pieces again especially with the deliveries from both Carey and Fox.
This will help our goal tally no end as will the new rule about pulling in the box.

Brunt and Jervis our own most natural goal scorers but one is injured and the other is banished to wide right tracking back to help out the sluggish Miller

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
clokey84":2varzs47 said:
argobenz":2varzs47 said:
Well here we go again (Tin hat on) last season I said when we were flying, that I thought we didn't have the goals in the side to gain automatic promotion. Some agreed and some slaughtered me, not one apologized when I was proven right but hey ho, I was as disappointed as they were, so it didn't matter.

Having just watched our very ineffective offensive performance (v Pompey) with relation to our recognized forwards (Spencer, Jervis & Slew today) I must say, I still feel we are lacking firepower, as far as an automatic promotion is concerned.

I thought Pompey's forwards looked a real threat, and were keen to run at our defense and attack the box. I'm pretty sure our defenders were happy to see the little fella get subbed, but to be fair the subs were of the same ilk.

Hopefully Garrita, Goodwillie, Spencer et al, will find their scoring boots and my fears will be addressed, but for now it's all midfield and defenders scoring most of the goals, and unfortunately that probably won't be enough.

Still, on the bright side 11 league games undefeated, and I still think the team has yet to reach the level it's capable of. So with momentum and a bit of luck, hopefully we can power on and get out of this horrible league.

:scarf:
You came in for stick last season because you would mention it after every bleedy game we didn't win by saying it looks like you are going to be right, and you are at it already this season. Goals aren't an issue 4 against Yeovil 2 against Pompey we aren't relying on one individual either as yesterday proved, everyone seems to be chipping in. I could understand such a thread if we had gone a few games just scraping the odd goal here and there but we haven't! Be positive man!!

You mistake the point, I love everyone scoring it's much safer, but there were several games last season where we barely had a shot on goal.

If we had a prolific goal scorer we could have nicked a couple extra wins and made the automatic's

May 2, 2011
We had nobody in the forward to run at the pompey defence like wylde.Not a great player but he did go for it attacking wise.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
janner01":f6igk7ww said:
We had nobody in the forward to run at the pompey defence like wylde.Not a great player but he did go for it attacking wise.

Yes you are right, they had the two small guys who turned us inside out a few times, would love someone like that to call upon.

May 8, 2011
argobenz":2giupjkz said:
janner01":2giupjkz said:

Yes you are right, they had the two small guys who turned us inside out a few times, would love someone like that to call upon.

and yet on Saturday we scored twice but in last year's game we only scored once.

Sep 6, 2006
shortbred":z61d3sar said:
I really don't think you can judge our strikers on one game. If you can, I'd like anyone who was at Stevenage last weekend to tell me Slew wasn't immense and Spencer for the last 3 has been quality. They will be up there at the end of the season, today was always going to be tough.

Slew 'immense' at Stevenage! Really? You are easily impressed.