Latest ever Argyle goal? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Latest ever Argyle goal?

May 22, 2006
The half time score was the last of the matches to come up on SSN. It must have been about 8.38pm as I checked Pasoti to see if there had been a serious injury. It appeared that only 4 mins added time had been played.

Again, all the final scores were in on SSN (including Arsenal despite the match still in progress!), with only Argyle's 7.45ko to come. Ten mins later and it was great to follow the match thread with a penalty given and then scored.

The added time meant that the goal was scored after 100 mins, which is unusual given no major injuries or other interruptions. Enjoy.

P

Paul_Roberts

Bath_Green":1we7vh0p said:
Barnet at home in one of the promotion seasons - I think the Warnock promotion but memory may be playing tricks. The only time I can ever remember the added time going up and saying 10 mins. Argyle drawing 0-0 and got a penalty in the last of the 10 extra minutes to win it.

I'm also going to say a Barnet home game, but a different season.

It was a midweek game in 1994, the Tuesday before we famously beat Reading 3-1. It was an awful game, we just couldn't get going, but Trigger popped up deep in injury time to nick it for us.

I remember the Reading manager Mark McGhee coming out and saying how unimpressed he was with us :whistle:

Sep 30, 2004
Paul_Roberts":zyjm234d said:
Bath_Green":zyjm234d said:
Barnet at home in one of the promotion seasons - I think the Warnock promotion but memory may be playing tricks. The only time I can ever remember the added time going up and saying 10 mins. Argyle drawing 0-0 and got a penalty in the last of the 10 extra minutes to win it.

It was a midweek game in 1994, the Tuesday before we famously beat Reading 3-1. It was an awful game, we just couldn't get going, but Trigger popped up deep in injury time to nick it for us.

I remember the Reading manager Mark McGhee coming out and saying how unimpressed he was with us :whistle:
If my memory serves me well it was peeing down with horizontal rain and Alan Nichols kept kicking his goalposts,Felt really sorry for the Barnet supporters when we scored, at the Barn Park end I think.

P

Paul_Roberts

gandalf_the_green":2qxcfbnt said:
Paul_Roberts":2qxcfbnt said:
Bath_Green":2qxcfbnt said:

If my memory serves me well it was pi$$ing down with horizontal rain and Alan Nichols kept kicking his goalposts,Felt really sorry for the Barnet supporters when we scored, at the Barn Park end I think.

Yeah, it was a rotten night weather wise. The goal was at the Devonport End, and I only remember that because it happened right in front of me - myself and a friend went absolutely crazy, probably the nuttiest I've ever been celebrating a goal...

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
spowell92":203r26bu said:
The 2nd in the Crystal Palace 2 nil seemed a late one, in the game where Chadwick scored our record fastest goal didn't Capaldi score a 2nd in about the 97th minute? And there was only supposed to be 3 or 4 minutes added on.

I've got a signed and framed match ball from that game.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Kevin_Dacombe":2p7p7kr2 said:
spowell92":2p7p7kr2 said:
The 2nd in the Crystal Palace 2 nil seemed a late one, in the game where Chadwick scored our record fastest goal didn't Capaldi score a 2nd in about the 97th minute? And there was only supposed to be 3 or 4 minutes added on.

Epic, it was a cracking game. The ref seemed hell bent on keeping the game going until Palace equalised, everyone around me was raging. And then as Palace pressed and pressed we broke and doubled our lead. Finally the ref gave up and finished the match. Chadwicks goal was brilliant!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
pastiesforlife":3i1rs850 said:
The half time score was the last of the matches to come up on SSN. It must have been about 8.38pm as I checked Pasoti to see if there had been a serious injury. It appeared that only 4 mins added time had been played.

Again, all the final scores were in on SSN (including Arsenal despite the match still in progress!), with only Argyle's 7.45ko to come. Ten mins later and it was great to follow the match thread with a penalty given and then scored.

The added time meant that the goal was scored after 100 mins, which is unusual given no major injuries or other interruptions. Enjoy.

The added time was merely the fault of Stevenage's poor sportsmanship really. Time-wasting cost them as the officials rightly were having none of it.

Jan 3, 2013
gandalf_the_green":1oepfpiq said:
Paul_Roberts":1oepfpiq said:
Bath_Green":1oepfpiq said:

If my memory serves me well it was pi$$ing down with horizontal rain and Alan Nichols kept kicking his goalposts,Felt really sorry for the Barnet supporters when we scored, at the Barn Park end I think.
the Barnet goal was scored in the 14th minute of injury time! The ref added ten minutes for Barnet's time wasting. Awful match was it really TWENTY years ago?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
spowell92":1d6fnhgh said:
Kevin_Dacombe":1d6fnhgh said:
spowell92":1d6fnhgh said:

Epic, it was a cracking game. The ref seemed hell bent on keeping the game going until Palace equalised, everyone around me was raging. And then as Palace pressed and pressed we broke and doubled our lead. Finally the ref gave up and finished the match. Chadwicks goal was brilliant!

I had weeks of stick after that game. Funny how fortunes turn around eventually.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Argy1e":1kx8ydm8 said:
Tony_Flags":1kx8ydm8 said:
I am going to throw in Rory Patterson's equaliser against Carlisle on the first day of the League 1 relegation season.
Think that was 94th minute
Something in my head was saying 96th- either way, it wasn't as late as 98 I don't think.

The match ended on 99 and a half minutes: I was timing it.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Ok - what about our penalty against Swindon to equalise at home. Funny thing was the hand contacting the ball was Triggers. Stiff the ref's view was final.

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
MannameadGreen":2euder5o said:
rose":2euder5o said:
I remember an Emile Mpenza goal in the fourth minute of stoppage time. Not the latest, but one I'll always remember.
That was Charlton home, I'm thinking it was 2007?
08/09 season. Fantastic game