League 2 - Average salary? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

League 2 - Average salary?

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Graham Clark":21qfckzj said:
Portsmouth F.C's latest accounts showed that they were debt free from September 2014. They had a turnover of £6.6m, with gate receipts of £3.4m and a small operating profit of £118,000. They had over 10,000 season tickets, a sponsorship income of £424,000 and a commercial income of £1.3m.

On that basis it is easy to see why they can have a bigger squad and pay bigger wages than any other team in League 2.

Does this breakdown of information exist for us? If so, can you post a link? Cheers

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Never mind Portsmouth, Bristol City are about to pay £9m for Andre Gray from Brentford. Yes, that's NINE MILLION. From a club that most of us would say has been of a roughly equal size to Argyle.

I know Steve Lansdown is very wealthy and they're developing their ground, but wow...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
There's no 'but' though Mr Biggs, he is stinking rich and that's the end of it.

Pompey on the other hand is a real success story, in my opinion it's up there with Swansea.

All the other 'rich man's train set' stuff like City, Bournemouth, Hull, Cardiff and Reading has nothing to do with us really, they just poxed it as they have a very wealthy person who wants to chuck money at their club.

If Dawson was a football fan we might have poxed it as well.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
IJN":218yp9ey said:
There's no 'but' though Mr Biggs, he is stinking rich and that's the end of it.

Pompey on the other hand is a real success story, in my opinion it's up there with Swansea.

All the other 'rich man's train set' stuff like City, Bournemouth, Hull, Cardiff and Reading has nothing to do with us really
, they just poxed it as they have a very wealthy person who wants to chuck money at their club.

If Dawson was a football fan we might have poxed it as well.

Very true, though Bournemouth haven't spent much in relative terms. Their record signing before reaching the Premier League was 3m on Callum Wilson, and that was offset by the 3m sale of Lewis Grabban to Norwich. Their team yesterday included 5 (I think) players who were with them in League One, including former Torquay stalwart Eunan O'Kane. An astonishing achievement by Eddie Howe.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, a truly brilliant manager in my opinion.

I am simply, very jealous of what has happened at Bournemouth and Swansea and Portsmouth and........................

You get the picture. :greensmile:

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
I have to say I had a few beers with Ian the Pompey chairman at Jurys on Friday night and he inspired me greatly with what they have achieved. He is pompey through and through and has been going to Fratton Park since 1959. His relationship with the manager seemed brilliant and I left thinking there must be another 10 like me willing to put £250k into Argyle to really take this club onto the next level. This is not a go at the current regime btw but is something that I feel should be looked at....