League 2 Team of the Year | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

League 2 Team of the Year

Aug 24, 2011
Martyn":13zgjo23 said:
Wonder if we may get Luke Berry, next season, as Cambridge may not go up, as we got Spencer and Donaldson this season from them.

There is proof that we should leave well alone then! :crazy:

Aug 5, 2016
Lundan Cabbie":3jwzeiec said:
PL2 3DQ":3jwzeiec said:
This is the best and more meaningful end of season poll because players are voted for by their peers.
No other club has three players in the team, congratulations to Carey, McCormick and Bradley. :clap:

I don't agree that it is the best. Apart from playing against other players TWICE per season, those voting don't get to see them playing much. They vote on hear say. The top award comes from your own fans who watch, of not EVERY match, certainly most.

How does that work in a team of the season? What fans watch all twelve 90 minute matches, every single week? What about ST holders that don't go to away games?

I personally think a team of the season, as voted for by peers, is the big one. A tremendous achievement for Luke, Sonny and Graham.

That's opposition players thinking of a goalkeeper who had outstanding games against them, and thinking of McCormick before anyone else. The same for a dominant unbeatable CB (Bradley) and an attacking midfielder who pulled the strings and dominated matches (Carey).

It's a shame Threlkeld didn't have a consistent position throughout the season, as I'm sure he'd have been up there.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I agree, Knibs. That is the vote that would give most pride to the winners.

I would suggest that, in addition to playing against different opponents twice a year, they also watch highlight programmes, videos during the lead up to games and discuss opposition players amongst each other.