Lifted from afc Wimbledon forum | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lifted from afc Wimbledon forum

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
francis buxton":2qnsmvwq said:
.............Compare that to the fast, pacey, pinging one touch passes, moving into space, picking the ball up at the back and running really fast at opposition players thing that Plymouth were doing. There are improvements on our side, but there is a fundamental issue at the core of NA's tactics/man-management. I am supremely f***** off about last night - not because the better team won, but because Plymouth were by far the better team. F*** this s***

That makes very pleasant reading.

Have you a link as it would be good to read the other comments?

Feel something special about this team, its so nice after the pain Argyle has gone through to be positive and GREAT to be an Argyle fan again :scarf: :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Graham Clark":3qe595ec said:
Knarf Reprah":3qe595ec said:
Well done JB for finding our manager....the problem is going to be retaining him

At interview, apparently he was the only one to meet the eleven criteria the Board had set out as prerequisites for getting the job.

So we DID find him Graham. :greensmile:

Aug 10, 2006
Knarf Reprah":3f7otk4n said:
Well done JB for finding our manager....the problem is going to be retaining him
we will cross that bridge if/when we come to it at the moment he has a 2 year contract and a lot can happen in 2 year's, we may even be back in the championship by then you never know.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree Neil, just sit back and enjoy the journey.

What I would say is, whatever you do, start seeing as many games as you can, they are a joy to watch both home and away and it's simply wonderful to watch this team smash the opposition.

It's also great to see DA work out how to beat them during the match and then see him put that into practice.

I was in amongst the AFCW people (for the second half) on Tuesday night and if you could have heard what they were saying about us, it would have made you as proud as I feel right now.

We're no Barcelona, but my God, we can play a bit, and we'll give quite a few teams a run for their money that's for sure.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Early days for DA but a good and encouraging start to the season for a change
With all the changes to playing staff we are a bit of an unknown quantity but teams will start to suss us out and that's when he will need to shake it up again

keep it up and who knows back to back PROMOTIONS and he could be a championship manager with US ! :scarf:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":2e4cmzo3 said:
Agree Neil, just sit back and enjoy the journey.

What I would say is, whatever you do, start seeing as many games as you can, they are a joy to watch both home and away and it's simply wonderful to watch this team smash the opposition.

It's also great to see DA work out how to beat them during the match and then see him put that into practice.

I was in amongst the AFCW people (for the second half) on Tuesday night and if you could have heard what they were saying about us, it would have made you as proud as I feel right now.

We're no Barcelona, but my God, we can play a bit, and we'll give quite a few teams a run for their money that's for sure.

On the OS DA says how one of the differences is that in Scottish football, teams spend the first 15 minutes sussing each other out whereas in league two the home team comes out all guns blaring. This goes some way to explain our 'slow' starts but if true, there can't be many managers as astute as DA.
Am loving going to HP at the moment and will try to gat an away day in at some point.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
IJN":3l8ls7bn said:
Graham Clark":3l8ls7bn said:
Knarf Reprah":3l8ls7bn said:

At interview, apparently he was the only one to meet the eleven criteria the Board had set out as prerequisites for getting the job.

So we DID find him Graham. :greensmile:

It begs the question as to what would have happened if the Board had decided not to compromise?

Jul 29, 2010
Knarf Reprah":2svebewn said:

Not if he's true to his words about 'building a club, not just a team'. One promotion wouldn't build a club, two maybe, three definitely.

Jump ship after one promotion (and i'm talking hypothetically, nothing taken for granted whatsoever) and those words would ring rather hollow.

Nice to read complimentary comments from the opposition though, just wish we hadn't needed to do the same to Pompey.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
X Isle":euptphtb said:
Knarf Reprah":euptphtb said:

Not if he's true to his words about 'building a club, not just a team'. One promotion wouldn't build a club, two maybe, three definitely.

Jump ship after one promotion (and i'm talking hypothetically, nothing taken for granted whatsoever) and those words would ring rather hollow.

Nice to read complimentary comments from the opposition though, just wish we hadn't needed to do the same to Pompey.

X Isle... Adam's quotes are all taken from the football manager's book of quotations.... all this I am your club this is my club malarkey....as soon as a CCC chairman comes waving his cheque book Adams and his entourage will be off...quicker that Ian Holloway.Just enjoy the ride while you can...

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Oddball you make take cynicism an art form, I bet it`s just being so cheerful that keeps you going.

Mar 14, 2009
Like Oddball says just enjoy the ride....

And if Argyle are successful then there will be interest in him just like there was with Sturrock Mark I....

Instead of worrying what is maybe 12 months away down the road, just enjoy what we got......he could lose the next 4 out of 5 games and then nobody will need to worry if he is going to be poached for at least a few months.

If he goes after doing well here then so be it, and worrying about it after 5 league games into a brand new season is simply a waste of using any part of your brain.

Just be thankful he is here in the first place. We are suddenly the most energetic, hard working, free goal scoring team in which he has done this in around two months. If you want to think about something, think how good we are going to be once this team gels properly and he has worked another two months with them.

You never know he actually might like being manager of this football club and see the potential to do something almost ever other manager in our history has failed at. Make us become a very decent championship club.

oddball":27e9kzgx said:
X Isle":27e9kzgx said:
Knarf Reprah":27e9kzgx said:

X Isle... Adam's quotes are all taken from the football manager's book of quotations.... all this I am your club this is my club malarkey....as soon as a CCC chairman comes waving his cheque book Adams and his entourage will be off...quicker that Ian Holloway.Just enjoy the ride while you can...

I bet you love telling little kids that Santa is all lies too! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I believe DA is here for the long haul, because he strikes me as a pretty astute individual. Sure, higher league clubs may come sniffing, but they will probably be looking for someone to turn around their fortunes, with all the legacy problems that that entails. Here, he has a unique opprtunity to take advantage of the word we're all sick of hearing, POTENTIAL.

He has the chance to repeat his outstanding Ross County experience, but this time on a far, far bigger stage, and you know what? I think he might just do it.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Keen Green":1go07ooq said:
oddball":1go07ooq said:
X Isle":1go07ooq said:
Knarf Reprah":1go07ooq said:

I bet you love telling little kids that Santa is all lies too! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
What do you mean all lies ? :cry:

Jul 29, 2010
There was me sticking by my 10-15 league game yardstick before considering the prospects for one L2 season. Merv, you've just tipped us for promotion to the Premier League off the back of five :lol:

Odders, I stopped believing in fairy tales as a small child. Not believing things managers say took a bit longer to achieve but both are treated as the same post Hollowords. I perhaps should've added a :wink:

He'll go to a richer club if he's any good long term...we'll just have to find another one.