Liverpool fans | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liverpool fans

Apr 26, 2016
Liverpool fans were superb in and out side the ground and the night before in the hotel. We spoke to couple of Liverpool fans for directions etc and they could not help enough.
In addition they were actually congratulating us on the draw after the game, they realized we needed the money.
Yes sing and banter but any one trying to cause hassle after should be ashamed.
We have angst with loads of clubs for various reasons, Liverpool have acted with true class and to be honest I hated them before my trip to Mersey side,
but I was wrong I ll have no issue opening doors for scousers in the future and re-jigging my thought process.
They made us welcome, so we should to !

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Voice_of_Reason":4c9doda6 said:
I must admit i took time out to write to Liverpool, they were an example of professional and friendly. From staff employed near the train station to help and advise supporters. The stewards were first class and everything i encountered from the club and their support was geared to making sure that as an away fan i had the best day possible.
I really do hope our club make exactly the same effort - the people coming to Argyle will be real football fans, wanting to enjoy what is for them likely to be a one off experience and visit.
The club as a whole should be doing whatever it can to make itself respected. Who knows in L1 next season needing a player for a certain position we may benefit from our approach. Clearly on the pitch we should be snarling and aggressive, away from it doing our utmost to make an impression.
Well done you for making that time. You know I like "throwbacks" and writing an appreciation letter is a bit of a throwback. I always think that if a letter like yours is pinned up in the stewards' mess room it will show them that they are appreciated and will encourage them to continue in the same vein.

Jan 6, 2004
Ivors are great but you have to be born within the sound of the bells of St Andrews church to enjoy them - out of towners all hate them!

Dec 3, 2005
I hope and prey that the tickets have not made there way into the hands of the idiotts who tend to appear from under the rocks whenever Argyle have a big game. The idiotts who run up and down the path behind the Lyndhurst, after the game, on their mobile phones, telling the rest of their gang whats happening and where the police are, makes me sick, that they try to pretend they are anything to do with Argyle. Most are overgrown kids, let out, once in a blue moon.

May 16, 2016
djg145":16grjnhd said:
I hope and prey that the tickets have not made there way into the hands of the idiotts who tend to appear from under the rocks whenever Argyle have a big game. The idiotts who run up and down the path behind the Lyndhurst, after the game, on their mobile phones, telling the rest of their gang whats happening and where the police are, makes me sick, that they try to pretend they are anything to do with Argyle. Most are overgrown kids, let out, once in a blue moon.

Or do that little jump up and down beckoning with both arms dance they all do when safely stood behind the Police or barriers.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I will have to watch this on TV - so please can you make it like the last 10 mins of the Wycombe play off game. Not in terms of singing that song, but the passion, energy and atmosphere that night was something else. I shall be watching you all. Don't let me down. I want the telly to move because of the noise.

Feb 18, 2016
Jimmytheoneo":1ubb2aqk said:
Oh please, don't inflict an Ivor's on them! Prefer the ones from the van at the entrance to the life centre myself.

Lewis' are bigger and better.

B

Barbican

Really excited about this one, we are treating this as a Euro away in the absence of Euros aways, expect 2500 regular Scousers in the away end, expect those 2500 to be loud and proud, many are already down in Plymouth. Others like myself will be heading down the M6 and M5 on a 600 mile round trip inside 15 hours.

Barbican":3d9qjjg0 said:
Really excited about this one, we are treating this as a Euro away in the absence of Euros aways, expect 2500 regular Scousers in the away end, expect those 2500 to be loud and proud, many are already down in Plymouth. Others like myself will be heading down the M6 and M5 on a 600 mile round trip inside 15 hours.

Or as your typical Argyle fan would call it - a local game. Safe travels! :greensmile:

Feb 18, 2016
Barbican":3k8kvyzw said:

Sports Direct 82-84 New George Street.

May 16, 2016
Barbican":hcuzej9e said:

Move the Stadium a couple of miles to the
left and you would have had to bring passports.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Guiri Green":3nwozbu6 said:
Barbican":3nwozbu6 said:

Move the Stadium a couple of miles to the
left and you would have had to bring passports.
Wales v Cornwall :whistle: