Loan signings | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Loan signings

Dec 22, 2015
Quintrell_Green":21hy1y98 said:
Martyn":21hy1y98 said:
Army green":21hy1y98 said:
Balham_Green":21hy1y98 said:
Cant see that we need THREE keepers. May be wrong but I think you can still get a keeper on loan in a crisis. Wonder what chances are of getting Boateng back for long term loan.

Was thinking the same surely no real need for three keepers.

The loan rules have changed this season. It will not be easy to get a loan 'keeper', like last season.

Hence DA has mentioned before, he is looking for a third keeper.

So another keeper, CM, and a pacy winger (like Alex Bray) for me,

Alex Bray would be on my radar too. I think we have got to recognise that DA was not around when he excelled for Swansea in a Home Park friendly and he did not see his early play for Argyle. Whether anybody at Argyle has alerted him to his potential, I have no idea. Unless he is scouted by DA's mate, I cannot see it being a possibility at the moment. Provided he has not 'lost his mojo' following his very bad injury, he would certainly be a penetrative winger.

Isn't he a right sided player though? I am more concerned about our left side.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I'm sure that we will be very welcoming to WBA and i dare say that Mr Adams will take it as an opportunity to get friendly to his opposite number. Once he is comfortable and on first name terms with Anthony, i sure the conversation may well turn to what a fantastic place it is for youngsters to learn their craft. Highlighting how Crystal Palace gave us a youngster who returned to them in January pushing for selection to the first team.
After a glass of red and a nice chat about the highs and lows of football i would expect that if DA see's anything he likes we would then be in a decent position to borrow someone who fits his needs.
Just a thought.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We are still short of a goalkeeper coach so maybe bringing in a coach that can still be registered as player would be a better option.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Jul 3, 2013
Rob_GT4":2vab19us said:
Stiffler":2vab19us said:
Plymouth85Green":2vab19us said:
I am not convinced at all our CM is anywhere near as good as last season. Fox looks like he is a good option, but take or Carey out of the equation and I don't see where our creativity is coming from.

Also look at our DM options. Threlkeld, Ijala, Smith and Donaldson don't come near last years options. I am wondering if DA is planning to convert a CB like McHugh into that role. Osbourne maybe?

Hopefully we will play 2 up top and not play this defensive midfield player. McHugh probably had half a dozen decent games in that position over the Christmas period but apart from that was very average. Fox ahead of McHugh, Osborne ahead of Nelson and Goodwillie ahead of Ried all day long. Wylde is the player we will miss most.

My opinion of course, but for me Wylde had the odd game but lacked end product and I can't see that he's our biggest miss. McHugh was touted as arguably our player of the season. And Nelson won us countless points last year with last ditch tackles and blocks some of which I still can't believe he made, but you put Osborne ahead of him, has he even played for us yet?!

I have seen KO play quite a few times in his Brentford days and even the one time I saw him play last year home against Bristol Rovers he was by far the best player on the pitch. I agree with your Wylde comments but he had something that nobody else in the squad has which is is raw pace and the ability to go past players. McHugh was just totally over rated in my opinion and put in one of the worst ever performances from a player in green at Wembley so to me he is not going goodwood to be missed but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Oct 14, 2015
RE the keeper...I thought the same as others if both got injured we'd be stuffed and have no option but to throw in a youngster which may give him experience but could also ruin him for life if it goes bad......

Similarly it wouldn't surprise me if this time next week we'd have a couple of WBA promising players at HP......

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I was surprised that he released Cory Harvey. I assume that he is looking for a slightly more experienced keeper to play in the Peninsula League and be backup if McCormick or Dorel are injured. The lad who 'trialled' for us recently may still be on the radar or, possibly, an alternative with similar experience.

I would certainly like to see a left-sided loan player with Wylde's attributes. It could be that this season's attacking formation would have benefitted Wylde if he had stayed.

Sep 6, 2006
Stiffler":coc6l3wj said:
Rob_GT4":coc6l3wj said:
Stiffler":coc6l3wj said:
Plymouth85Green":coc6l3wj said:
I am not convinced at all our CM is anywhere near as good as last season. Fox looks like he is a good option, but take or Carey out of the equation and I don't see where our creativity is coming from.

Also look at our DM options. Threlkeld, Ijala, Smith and Donaldson don't come near last years options. I am wondering if DA is planning to convert a CB like McHugh into that role. Osbourne maybe?

Hopefully we will play 2 up top and not play this defensive midfield player. McHugh probably had half a dozen decent games in that position over the Christmas period but apart from that was very average. Fox ahead of McHugh, Osborne ahead of Nelson and Goodwillie ahead of Ried all day long. Wylde is the player we will miss most.

My opinion of course, but for me Wylde had the odd game but lacked end product and I can't see that he's our biggest miss. McHugh was touted as arguably our player of the season. And Nelson won us countless points last year with last ditch tackles and blocks some of which I still can't believe he made, but you put Osborne ahead of him, has he even played for us yet?!

I have seen KO play quite a few times in his Brentford days and even the one time I saw him play last year home against Bristol Rovers he was by far the best player on the pitch. I agree with your Wylde comments but he had something that nobody else in the squad has which is is raw pace and the ability to go past players. McHugh was just totally over rated in my opinion and put in one of the worst ever performances from a player in green at Wembley so to me he is not going goodwood to be missed but I guess we will have to wait and see.

You don't rate Mchugh you don't rate Nelson. Can't hav much confidence in your rating of ko. Everybody poor at Wembley not just McHugh. Didn't help we were a player short in midfield due to the tactics

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Welwyn Pilgrim":bt279skq said:
Similarly it wouldn't surprise me if this time next week we'd have a couple of WBA promising players at HP......
Already got six of their U21 squad out on loan, probably not too many more available.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Quintrell_Green":3m0cna3s said:
Martyn":3m0cna3s said:
Army green":3m0cna3s said:
Balham_Green":3m0cna3s said:
Cant see that we need THREE keepers. May be wrong but I think you can still get a keeper on loan in a crisis. Wonder what chances are of getting Boateng back for long term loan.

Was thinking the same surely no real need for three keepers.

The loan rules have changed this season. It will not be easy to get a loan 'keeper', like last season.

Hence DA has mentioned before, he is looking for a third keeper.

So another keeper, CM, and a pacy winger (like Alex Bray) for me,

Alex Bray would be on my radar too. I think we have got to recognise that DA was not around when he excelled for Swansea in a Home Park friendly and he did not see his early play for Argyle. Whether anybody at Argyle has alerted him to his potential, I have no idea. Unless he is scouted by DA's mate, I cannot see it being a possibility at the moment. Provided he has not 'lost his mojo' following his very bad injury, he would certainly be a penetrative winger.

Can't see it myself. He might have had potential at one point but he remains very much unproven. In these days of new loan rules, I think he would be considered a bit of a gamble, especially given his recent long term injury.

Nov 20, 2011
If DA is going to play with three centre backs then we need two proper wing backs in the mould of Gordon Nisbet , Mark Patterson , Onismor Bhasera etc . In my view , from what I have seen so far, neither Sawyer or Miller fit the bill .