Lower Mayflower seat "evictions" | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lower Mayflower seat "evictions"

Aug 4, 2011
The gold package that I first took out whilst not being a bargain was quite good. It gave access to the club argyle from 3 hours before. There were interviews with injured players, Neil Dewsnip would come in and announce the team, you could sit and watch the warm ups from a comfortable warm seat. After the match the man of the match would come in and do an interview. It was very accessible as it was 5 yards from my seats. No queues for toilets or a beer.

My understanding of gold now is that you have access to the bar and some entertainment. I’m not sure what that entertainment is, but I didn’t want to listen to a band play - that’s my worst nightmare.

There will 100% be loads of empty seats for 10 mins after half time as people come back from The Far Post, there are now and it’s five times the distance.
Yep, I can already envisage those new rows being empty just before and after half time, as well as during wet games.

Just makes me a bit sad given the effort i put in to dragging the kids there during heatwaves, rain, gales and hail. Watford on New Year’s Day for instance, we got absolutely drenched, I got asked “can we go home now” about 20 times but we stuck it out, saw an amazing match with some cracking goals and I felt like I’d finally hardened the kids to the elements and understanding you have to stick it out through all weathers. Had already told them I’d be renewing our seats next season, now that option may not be available and we’ll potentially be looking at our previous seats being empty on camera during long periods of the season. Still, argyle will have the money in the bank, the hospitality guests will be enjoying the expenses paid bar so everyone is happy right?

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
  • Haha
Reactions: Greenarmy96

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
The other thing I would add is that being able to get a beer undercover before and after the game is not ‘hospitality’ it should be the absolute standard that people in the Mayflower have been missing since the redevelopment.

These are the prices for Forest next season. The best seats in the house for £850. Around half of what Argyle are looking to charge. They won’t get wet when it rains and can get a beer at half time without getting soaked as well. Their fans are furious with the prices by the way as Man City and Everton fans are pointing out their seats are cheaper. 🤷

View attachment 14979
These prices are for standard season tickets, the dearest one being almost double what Argyle charge. Whether you think the hospitality part of Gold (or whatever Argyle call it) is worth it, it's definitely not a standard season ticket. Hospitality at Notts Forest and every other Prem ground will be extortionate.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
These prices are for standard season tickets, the dearest one being almost double what Argyle charge. Whether you think the hospitality part of Gold (or whatever Argyle call it) is worth it, it's definitely not a standard season ticket. Hospitality at Notts Forest and every other Prem ground will be extortionate.
Did you see the bit where I said that being able to get a beer under cover in my opinion is not hospitality? The Forest fans will be able to do that for their standard ticket price.

A ticket for the equivalent of ‘gold’ at Man Utd with a free bar is £1200 more. The free bar makes it hospitality.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Yep, I can already envisage those new rows being empty just before and after half time, as well as during wet games.

Just makes me a bit sad given the effort i put in to dragging the kids there during heatwaves, rain, gales and hail. Watford on New Year’s Day for instance, we got absolutely drenched, I got asked “can we go home now” about 20 times but we stuck it out, saw an amazing match with some cracking goals and I felt like I’d finally hardened the kids to the elements and understanding you have to stick it out through all weathers. Had already told them I’d be renewing our seats next season, now that option may not be available and we’ll potentially be looking at our previous seats being empty on camera during long periods of the season. Still, argyle will have the money in the bank, the hospitality guests will be enjoying the expenses paid bar so everyone is happy right?

Not to mention the hospitality guests getting wet in the rain walking to and from the Far Post Club/GT building, they may not even come back after half time if it's raining.

Reactions: Green 1886
Sep 22, 2020
i heard there is a covered walkway being erected between the stand and the ex gt bar.

would not want the prawn sandwiches getting damp or spilling their babysham.

whats wrong with a pint and a pasty :) blimey, they'll let women in next!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
i heard there is a covered walkway being erected between the stand and the ex gt bar.

would not want the prawn sandwiches getting damp or spilling their babysham.

whats wrong with a pint and a pasty :) blimey, they'll let women in next!

I've seen you in the boardroom on more than one occasion, home and away. Not exactly the champion of the people you purport to be. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Beyton Green

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
No the Far post club will replace the Taveners but in the new marquee…..the Thatchers sports bar will be downstairs in the old taveners and upstairs will be corporate dining…….i think that’s clear ………..
Wrong. Here is the link to the club website that says which will be the Far Post Club:

The existing Green Taverners Supporters Bar will become known as the Far Post Club, a reference long-time fans will be familiar with.

Why would the Green Taverners be called anything else but the Green Taverners?

Now, I think that is clear.

Sep 22, 2020
I've seen you in the boardroom on more than one occasion, home and away. Not exactly the champion of the people you purport to be. ;)

That is true ian but very reluctantly and only when i have wanted to gleem some info or seek a favour.

i would never choose to have a season ticket in hospitality as in my view it is simpl;y not enjoyable and is just not football.

Dec 26, 2022
The Club needs to fully focus on staying in the Champ and sort this once future is known... we're not safe yet! If we go down, Div 1 looks weaker than when we left it so surprised if they can sell at inflated prices for Burton, Cambridge, Mansfield etc...

Mar 17, 2022
East of the tamar
This unfortunately is the price you pay for success, this is just the latest in the long line of ways to make football unaffordable for the fans, Evergreen and now increasing hospitality generate money, but does not make Argyle accessible.

The big losers will be the club on the long run when youngsters cannot get in to games and therefore can’t fall in love with the greens and will revert back to Premier League teams

Has such a similar smell to when we were last in the championship, we ceased being a club for the fans and became a money making beast that then realised to late that there is not the money in Plymouth to make it work. I know we are lucky to have a chairman who wants sustainability but when you see other owners digging deep it erks a bit that at PAFC it is the fans who must dig deep

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This unfortunately is the price you pay for success, this is just the latest in the long line of ways to make football unaffordable for the fans, Evergreen and now increasing hospitality generate money, but does not make Argyle accessible.

The big losers will be the club on the long run when youngsters cannot get in to games and therefore can’t fall in love with the greens and will revert back to Premier League teams

Has such a similar smell to when we were last in the championship, we ceased being a club for the fans and became a money making beast that then realised to late that there is not the money in Plymouth to make it work. I know we are lucky to have a chairman who wants sustainability but when you see other owners digging deep it erks a bit that at PAFC it is the fans who must dig deep

To be fair Simon Hallett has 'dug deep' several times.

My concern is that now we are in the Championship (and hopefully stay there) sufficient funds must be spent on the team and this where a new investor might help.
We spent money on two £1 million players but we might have to keep doing that to compete with other Championship teams.

It's a fine balance to invest in the team to allow it to compete anr invest in off the pitch projects while still be financially sustainable.

Mar 17, 2022
East of the tamar
To be fair Simon Hallett has 'dug deep' several times.

My concern is that now we are in the Championship (and hopefully stay there) sufficient funds must be spent on the team and this where a new investor might help.
We spent money on two £1 million players but we might have to keep doing that to compete with other Championship teams.

It's a fine balance to invest in the team to allow it to compete anr invest in off the pitch projects while still be financially sustainable.
Digging deep on Infrastructure is different than ploughing £ms into the playing squad , this is the case in Bournemouth where the playing squad has been prioritised by the owners

Reactions: Stevie Wotsa

GreenTom

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Dec 20, 2022
I wouldn’t go that far if I’m honest although i am affected by this. I do understand that they need to make money while the sun shines.

That said, if there are only 78 seats (I think Ian said earlier) there will easily be 78 seats available in the Mayflower or Grandstand that offer great views without displacing loyal fans that have paid £1000’s over the last few years when others wouldn’t.

I'm one of those affected and like you I don't want to speak ill of the club. However all of the options appear to involve paying more, much more or going somewhere else.

In the time I have sat there, the group of us have made friends with another group that sit adjacent so we have 12 people that now need to find somewhere new to sit. We can't go upstairs as one of ours has mobility issues.

I hope the club provide some assistance but I'm not holding my breath.

Sep 3, 2011
I'd also expect a fair size rise in the cost of season tickets this coming season. Everyone was expecting to pay more this season and were very happy with the price, BUT after a year in the championship and seeing what we are up against and other clubs costs I think it's inevitable. (like the increase in corporate availability).
Everyone has a price, for me this season (mostly 😉) has been extremely entertaining and worth paying for.
Assuming Argyle stay up. For the third consecutive season with a few games remaining it's unclear what league Argyle will be playing in next season. No doubt like the previous 2 seasons the club have been working on 2 budgets since January, one for the Championship and one for League one.