Lower Mayflower seat "evictions" | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lower Mayflower seat "evictions"

Jan 6, 2004
Is that a good enough reason for peeing off Season Ticket holders, who have probably supported Argyle for decades. Just to accommodate people or corporations who may well visit just the ONCE??
A season ticket buys you a seat for a season, not a lifetime, things change all the time and will continue to change in the future. Its the same at every club.

Feb 8, 2005
Is that a good enough reason for peeing off Season Ticket holders, who have probably supported Argyle for decades. Just to accommodate people or corporations who may well visit just the ONCE??
It's called maximising profits and the club will need it if we stay in the Championship!

Apr 11, 2023
It's ok unless it's my seat seems to be the stance! Let's start a bidding process each season and whoever pays the most gets a seat. That's the extreme option but won't work longer term if less people want to watch Argyle in the future for whatever reason. In that instance seats will become cheaper. Surely it's much better to reward loyalty of season ticket holders which costs rising in line with inflation?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
A few points if I may.

80% of the corporate people are seasonal deals, so that's chucked that one to bed.

20% of the corporate people are there (Argyle Lounge) for one game only but many of them are ST holders that go to all of the home games and fancy the odd game or two in the Argyle Lounge. Loads of people have said on here "We decided to go corporate today as it was my birthday etc".

I'm in the Diamond area, I can't think of anyone that sits there that isn't as green as I am, cricket, the sponsor of this site "Mr Lang & Potter" is fourth generation Argyle and he often brings his lad as well. Tower Cabs has two tickets, he and his Mrs are Argyle daft, Vista Flooring Argyle Crazy, etc etc etc.

Let's not go down the route of saying 'They're not proper fans' as they bleddy well are. They just support Argyle in a different manner.

The prices are eye watering, but if Argyle really do want to add a Ā£million of revenue per season after buying the GT building, they're not going to charge Ā£800 for a seat are they?

The ground is too small, everyone and his dog knows that, but PAFC have to increase what they offer and they seem to be doing that big sticks.

Aug 4, 2011
So having been dismayed about the decision and logic behind it, I have said on here that Iā€™d not chastise the club until Iā€™d heard about the alternative offering and I have to say that the dealings I have had have been efficient, clear and timely and today I have been offered alternative seats elsewhere for next season. So although I wouldnā€™t have moved out of choice, and will miss the view, facilities at half time and pre game and the people Iā€™ve been surrounded by for a few seasons Iā€™m looking forward to being able to watch games from an area of the ground Iā€™ve not previously been in before and the club have handled this well to date

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
A few points if I may.

80% of the corporate people are seasonal deals, so that's chucked that one to bed.

20% of the corporate people are there (Argyle Lounge) for one game only but many of them are ST holders that go to all of the home games and fancy the odd game or two in the Argyle Lounge. Loads of people have said on here "We decided to go corporate today as it was my birthday etc".

I'm in the Diamond area, I can't think of anyone that sits there that isn't as green as I am, cricket, the sponsor of this site "Mr Lang & Potter" is fourth generation Argyle and he often brings his lad as well. Tower Cabs has two tickets, he and his Mrs are Argyle daft, Vista Flooring Argyle Crazy, etc etc etc.

Let's not go down the route of saying 'They're not proper fans' as they bleddy well are. They just support Argyle in a different manner.

The prices are eye watering, but if Argyle really do want to add a Ā£million of revenue per season after buying the GT building, they're not going to charge Ā£800 for a seat are they?

The ground is too small, everyone and his dog knows that, but PAFC have to increase what they offer and they seem to be doing that big sticks.
Thanks Christian. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I do actually sit amongst the people who are on the tables as guests and I can tell you that every game there are lots of people who have no interest in Argyle on them.

At least I wonā€™t have to stand every 30 seconds whilst they plod out 5 to 10 mins in to the second half to try and find their seats. Itā€™s particularly funny when their mates wonā€™t stand up for them so they just stand there climbing on each other.

• Haha
Reactions: IJN

GreenTom

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Dec 20, 2022
Thanks Christian. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I do actually sit amongst the people who are on the tables as guests and I can tell you that every game there are lots of people who have no interest in Argyle on them.

At least I wonā€™t have to stand every 30 seconds whilst they plod out 5 to 10 mins in to the second half to try and find their seats. Itā€™s particularly funny when their mates wonā€™t stand up for them so they just stand there climbing on each other.
The group I am sat with will do one or two corporate a year but by the same token once or twice a year we will get some right plonkers behind us with no interest in Argyle, basically there for a pee - up on their employers.

Also on our row are at least 3 people who despite being season ticket holders still haven't worked out what time kick off is and how long half time is. :rolleyes: I will miss "Linesman do your job" (those that know, know!) however!

Anyway , we've been contacted by the club and been offered a dozen tickets together upstairs. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this but credit where credit is due.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

Jon with no H

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
The group I am sat with will do one or two corporate a year but by the same token once or twice a year we will get some right plonkers behind us with no interest in Argyle, basically there for a pee - up on their employers.

Also on our row are at least 3 people who despite being season ticket holders still haven't worked out what time kick off is and how long half time is. :rolleyes: I will miss "Linesman do your job" (those that know, know!) however!

Anyway , we've been contacted by the club and been offered a dozen tickets together upstairs. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this but credit where credit is due.
This seems to have been a universal theme for the ages - in the nineties when I had a season ticket next to another poster on here (he paid for my ticket so shall remain nameless) the same people always turned up after 15:00, prompting the poster seated next to me to say "How long have we been kicking off at 15:00?".

Years later, he published a book which includes a picture of a poster advertising an Argyle game starting at 15:15, so the answer was clearly not as long as I had suspected!

jerryatricjanner

āœ… Evergreen
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 22, 2006
A great result for you I would say.

GreenTom

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Dec 20, 2022
The youngest was already sucked in a couple of seasons back, she should be high enough up the list to get one this year.

Jul 12, 2016
A season ticket buys you a seat for a season, not a lifetime, things change all the time and will continue to change in the future. Its the same at every club.
But unlike corporations some fans are there for life in all winds and weather regardless of the opposition. They also know Tommy Tynan is no longer playing!

Reactions: djg145

ciderup

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Dec 16, 2009
You're seeing the money machine kicking in at your place as well then. At least you're being offered something.

We've been told that any seat not renewed in our South stand (opposite end from the away end) cannot be purchased as a season ticket as they will be POTD / corporate only. Considering the stand was maxed out with season tickets last season, we cannot move there from any other stand. My pals sit there already and I can't move.
We've been moved about during the rebuild and a little bit afterwards but this sucks, all about Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£.