Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day

B

Basildon Shrew

Started doing that at New Year. The three deaths recently have been different

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
LG":kdup5p21 said:
Basildon Shrew":kdup5p21 said:
Chris Dennis":kdup5p21 said:
Chris Dennis":kdup5p21 said:
Mark_Colling":kdup5p21 said:
Too much to ask for Shrewsbury to play "Ghosts of Saturday"?

Tickets acquired.

Would be worth bringing a copy along - they might play it in the pub at least.

After a visit to my loft I've managed to find my copy of Ghosts of Saturday which I'll bring along. I've also managed to get it onto my phone and could connect up to a Minirig or other speaker so we could play it at suitable points and places during the day. Have Italian shirt and fedora so all ready to go. Should be a great day without having to worry too much about events on the field.

As a Town fan it is worth contacting Shrewsbury to make this record request. In the last month we had a fan die on the way home from Portsmouth and two fans died of cancer in the last week and the club have been excellent at acknowledging them. If you see pictures from after the game at Cheltenham on Saturday the players came out with T-Shirts saying "For you Lloyd Burton and Colin Bloomfield"

Not sure of best person to contact but if you email the Chief Executive Matt Williams I am sure he will get the request to the right person. matt.williams@shrewsburytown.com
Shrewsbury should do what Argyle did last Saturday and have a minutes applause for all the Shrews fans that have passed away this season.
The green army would join in that's for sure.

The Tranmere fans all joined in, can't see why the announcement couldn't have included Tranmere and members of their 'family'?? :think:

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Basildon Shrew":673xx3cp said:
Chris Dennis":673xx3cp said:
Chris Dennis":673xx3cp said:
Mark_Colling":673xx3cp said:

Tickets acquired.

After a visit to my loft I've managed to find my copy of Ghosts of Saturday which I'll bring along. I've also managed to get it onto my phone and could connect up to a Minirig or other speaker so we could play it at suitable points and places during the day. Have Italian shirt and fedora so all ready to go. Should be a great day without having to worry too much about events on the field.

As a Town fan it is worth contacting Shrewsbury to make this record request. In the last month we had a fan die on the way home from Portsmouth and two fans died of cancer in the last week and the club have been excellent at acknowledging them. If you see pictures from after the game at Cheltenham on Saturday the players came out with T-Shirts saying "For you Lloyd Burton and Colin Bloomfield"

Not sure of best person to contact but if you email the Chief Executive Matt Williams I am sure he will get the request to the right person. matt.williams@shrewsburytown.com

I think a mention would probably suffice as The Ghosts of Saturday is hardly pre-match music with a fair bit of narrative and 6 minutes long. The Ballad of the Fat Man would be a better piece of music but probably not appropriate on a day of celebration for both fans. If the announcer welcomes the visiting fans maybe he could give a mention to those marking Tyhee Slim Day as its to do with the visiting fans on the day.

Jul 1, 2006
Can't make it to Saturday's match, so look forward to seeing the pics on GOS next Sunday. My 'old' friend Thyee will be be grinning from the green terraces in the sky.

Jun 11, 2013
Can't make it on Saturday but I'll be thinking of you all as you pay your respects, it's really fitting tribute to a unique and lovely man.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Spot on Droly!
I can't make it either but will be thinking of you all.

I have many many memories of Neil. Just one was getting on a coach from HP to Hull City with him many moons ago. It was an excessively long trip, we got thumped 4-0 and it was an excessively long trip back again. Was I bored? Not once, the man was a pleasure to be with... intelligent, funny and with that particular Tyhesque slant on life. I love you man!!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
LG":3eeue1gr said:
Basildon Shrew":3eeue1gr said:
Chris Dennis":3eeue1gr said:
Chris Dennis":3eeue1gr said:
Mark_Colling":3eeue1gr said:

Tickets acquired.

Shrewsbury should do what Argyle did last Saturday and have a minutes applause for all the Shrews fans that have passed away this season.
The green army would join in that's for sure.

It appears they are. Has anyone e-mailed to suggest an Argyle addition to their list?

http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/arti ... 34726.aspx

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Gary, the gathering in the 3 Fishes was not a solemn occasion, but one of celebration with a large Slim portrait looking benignly on from a picture rail. Lots of stories about the man and a fair few pints sunk as well. Both John and Steve who have been the keepers of the Slim flame were present.

Good turn out, with London, Pasta and the banana bus Boys + CEO Martyn Starnes present plus lots of good Argyle fans. I certainly have some photos from the pub which I'll put on my Facebook page later.

As others have said, Slim would have lived it.

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
Great to see so many fedoras and Italian shirts today. Please post some photos, John. Think Tyhee would have been pleased by the lads' performance today and would be relishing a play-off push that had a decent chance of success.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Hi John. Sorry if it's not clear - there should be a 'Register' button (if you haven't already) and a 'Sign In' button in the left-hand panel, just below the existing comments. I see that Andy has already added the missing names, but you're more than welcome to add anything else.