Man of the Match v Stevenage? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Man of the Match v Stevenage?

Man of the Match v Stevenage?

• Morgan

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Harvey

• O'Connor

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Banton

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Mellor

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Reid

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Alessandra

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • Cox

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • McHugh

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • McCormick

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Hartley

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Nelson

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • Smalley

Votes: 18 15.0%
  • Allen

• Total voters
Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
soccerpilgrim":10jdy40t said:
Banton and McCormick were the best two. In fact, I'm surprised to see Banton has no votes other than mine. We were very average attacking-wise but I wanted to give credit to Banton for his creativity as, even when some of it didn't come off, he was the only one creating anything; several tricky dribbles, a few near-perfect crosses and he got at least two decent shots away which we were on-target.

Yeah he made a lot of mistakes too though, I think it was a case of the striker/s didnt get on the end of his crosses, so thats not really his fault.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
McCormick and Nelson for me. Banton was terrible Soccer... His touch was awful, his passing was off and he didn't seem at all sharp. I'll write it off as the result of 4 games in less than 2 weeks, but disappointing from him after such a good display on Saturday.

Jul 1, 2011
Alessandra was my man of the match. Great penalty by Smalley but I don't think 5/6 touches of the ball made him the best player out there!

W

Wilfredo

spowell92":2u6gt6wz said:
McCormick and Nelson for me. Banton was terrible Soccer... His touch was awful, his passing was off and he didn't seem at all sharp. I'll write it off as the result of 4 games in less than 2 weeks, but disappointing from him after such a good display on Saturday.

I think you are being a little kind to Banton, I thought he was the worst player on the pitch by a mile and should have been rescued from his embarrassing performance by Sheridan taking him off.

C

Cobi Budge.

Banton was absolutely awful, but I personally thought the award for 'worst player on the pitch' goes to Walton, god knows how many times he was done by Alessandra cutting inside.

Aug 15, 2008
I saw the Stevenage goal - Could luke have saved it? the camera angle made it look like he should have?

Not digging him out but it was my first reaction on seeing it.

Aug 15, 2008
OK i have studied it. His momentum in tracking the cross was his undoing as the striker put the ball back the way it came. My mistake - sorry Super Luke!

Sep 15, 2012
I cannot understand some people`s comments on this site.
Alessandra was Argyle worst performer of the evening.
Great when he has the ball and there`s no-one within 20 yards of him
but his end result is absolutely diabolical
Since he was injured after his good goal scoring run last season what has he done????????
He`s been living on that little run he had
Hes played about 15/16 games since that injury and not scored at all
He runs into the player everytime he tries to beat them
sorry but he is an absolute waist of time and space

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Qoo3939L":1vj07a8l said:
Since he was injured after his good goal scoring run last season what has he done????????
I agree he was very poor on Tuesday for all the reasons you said but I also think it's very harsh to write him off.

He's the biggest example of a confidence player we have- in fact, even more so than Reid or Banton which really does take some going. Get his confidence back to what it was from January until he injury. In fact, even what it was in November and December then we'll have quite some player back on our hands. We saw it against Exeter in dispatches.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
Qoo3939L":ifyh5s9x said:
He was poor on Tuesday but most of the team were poor as well.

I think he is a good player but I prefer him playing upfront instead on playing on the wing. I think he performs best playing there.

In terms of games since his return he has started 8 competive matches and made 1 sub appearance (68th mins for Banton home v Hartlepool).

Sep 15, 2012
tagz":p2fo6a11 said:
Qoo3939L":p2fo6a11 said:
He was poor on Tuesday but most of the team were poor as well.

I think he is a good player but I prefer him playing upfront instead on playing on the wing. I think he performs best playing there.

In terms of games since his return he has started 8 competive matches and made 1 sub appearance (68th mins for Banton home v Hartlepool).

I hold my hands up about the games played, thought it was a few more than that but stand
corrected.
However thats eight games last season and seven games this season (includes pre-season friendlies) 15 games in total in which he hasn`t scored. I also agree he is good when he`s playing well BUT to make him Man of The Match on
Tuesday was crazy.
Thats the point I`m trying to make and I`m glad you agreed he was poor, as were almost all of them
Thank-you