Mansfield roll call/predictions | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mansfield roll call/predictions

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Mansfield have not won a game in 2 months.

Argyle tend to be the team you want to play when you are in that sort of a run.

I remember back in Holloway's first season when Burnley hadn't won a home game for 5 months, then we pitch up and they stuff us 4-0; it was Capaldi's last game for Argyle.

However, we did win the next 5 games on the trot so I would probably settle for that scenario again.

Jul 2, 2014
Looked at the corresponding thread on the Mansfield forum. There are 12 predictions. 10 think that they will lose to us; they other two predicted a draw. Not exactly brimming with confidence. However with their manager leaving, all bets are off. Their situation reminds me of when Carl Fletcher took over - we had lost eight in a row and were bottom of the league - and for his first game we won 2-0 at home to Macclesfield. We will need to be on our game tomorrow.

J

Jambo

If we come out positive tomorrow and get an early goal we could have a field day. If we start slow it could be a very frustrating game. I predict a 2-0 or 2-1 win for us, I think we'll have too much for them

Jul 2, 2014
Agreed - we need to come out like we did against Portsmouth 100% full out. If we sit back, they will gain confidence, and then I worry. I think it will be 3-0 or better

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
in view of the manager leaving mansfield this evening i would like our management team to echo what the bournemouth manager said to his squad before the birmingham match."be ruthless"he said and they won 8-0

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Sadly Steve Mansfield aren't anywhere near as bad as Birmingham ;)

Anyway I shall be there. Would take a draw if we can carry on beating every team that rocks up at Home Park.

Come on lads!

Sep 6, 2006
Paven":lsi26h2s said:
HarlHM":lsi26h2s said:
1-2. Reuben & Blizzard.

------------------- McCormick --------------------
---------- Nelson - McHugh - Hartley -----------
Mellor ------------ O'Connor ------------ Kellett
-------------- Cox --------- Blizzard -------------
---------------- Reid - Alessandra ---------------

Yeah echo the teams, except I think we'll smash them. It wont even be close - though I would hate to be cocky, we need to be looking at this as a comfortable win. They're that bad.

:facepalm: