Mansfields Form | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mansfields Form

Aug 17, 2011
London
"also enjoyed Mansfield celebrating their equaliser as if they just won the Champions League."

Just like us at Dagenham..

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Welwyn Pilgrim":skv1sec1 said:
Much has been mentioned about the excellent form that Mansfield find themselves in prior to their visit to Home Park on Saturday. Not wishing to dismiss their threat totally but closer examination begs the question, is their form really that good.??

10 points from the last 12 games in anyone's yes is an excellent haul and yes I'd snap it up right now if offered it for our next 4 games but let's look a bit closer at theirs.

Beat Morecambe 2-1 at away...... Morecambe not good at home and Morecambe let in two goals in last few minutes....unforgivable defending

Beat Crawley 0-1 away...Woefully out of form..

Beat Morecambe 1-2 home.....Morecambe contrived to miss TWO penalties. Should never miss from 12 yards but to do it twice in one game? Not that we'd know much about that with our penalty record..

Drew with Oxford 2-2.....Having seen the highlights the Oxford goalie to blame for both goals, Oxford hit the woodwork and Hylton missed a sitter in the last minute...

So, in my opinion, I don't think we need worry about Mansfield as much as what has been portrayed, I would suggest their form has been assisted with a vast amount of luck and some very bad defending, goalkeeping and missed opportunities by their opponents..

Let's hope I'm not putting a curse on this for Saturday but are Mansfield really that much of a threat?? We shall see.....

Yea who knows, we might even have a shot at goal.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
argobenz":1gfznlww said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1gfznlww said:
Much has been mentioned about the excellent form that Mansfield find themselves in prior to their visit to Home Park on Saturday. Not wishing to dismiss their threat totally but closer examination begs the question, is their form really that good.??

10 points from the last 12 games in anyone's yes is an excellent haul and yes I'd snap it up right now if offered it for our next 4 games but let's look a bit closer at theirs.

Beat Morecambe 2-1 at away...... Morecambe not good at home and Morecambe let in two goals in last few minutes....unforgivable defending

Beat Morecambe 1-2 home.....Morecambe contrived to miss TWO penalties. Should never miss from 12 yards but to do it twice in one game? Not that we'd know much about that with our penalty record..

Drew with Oxford 2-2.....Having seen the highlights the Oxford goalie to blame for both goals, Oxford hit the woodwork and Hylton missed a sitter in the last minute...

So, in my opinion, I don't think we need worry about Mansfield as much as what has been portrayed, I would suggest their form has been assisted with a vast amount of luck and some very bad defending, goalkeeping and missed opportunities by their opponents..

Let's hope I'm not putting a curse on this for Saturday but are Mansfield really that much of a threat?? We shall see.....

Not from a penalty surely. :greensmile:

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Mike Greening":1zjibm5g said:
argobenz":1zjibm5g said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1zjibm5g said:

Not from a penalty surely. :greensmile:

A what?

G

Gialloblu

Can't be worse than us. We went part of this season, the whole of last season and part of the one before with no penalty awarded. This season we've had 2 - scored one, missed one. I think we went close to 90 games without being awarded one though - surely a record.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Gialloblu":bzcbtnxd said:
Can't be worse than us. We went part of this season, the whole of last season and part of the one before with no penalty awarded. This season we've had 2 - scored one, missed one. I think we went close to 90 games without being awarded one though - surely a record.

Which means it will be 1-1 tomorrow scored from two penalties.

Aug 17, 2011
London
HongKongGreen":255hf6x8 said:
neilbet79":255hf6x8 said:
"also enjoyed Mansfield celebrating their equaliser as if they just won the Champions League."

Just like us at Dagenham..

Yes, great to see. Love a last minute equaliser.

especially when you don't deserve the the draw.. :scarf:

Oct 14, 2015
well well....seems that Mansfield sparkling form is no more...or was it down to luck......not wishing to say I was right but maybe I was....seems they were totally outclassed by us today....and we got a pen....happy days.....and Crawley get an absolute mauling from 9 man Accrington

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":3rvi2h18 said:
well well....seems that Mansfield sparkling form is no more...or was it down to luck......not wishing to say I was right but maybe I was....seems they were totally outclassed by us today....and we got a pen....happy days.....and Crawley get an absolute mauling from 9 man Accrington
Accrington had 10 men on the pitch as one of their red cards was for Jason Mooney, their sub keeper, who was sent off from the sidelines.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Welwyn Pilgrim":3u01dk00 said:
Well well indeed - seems you are a very clever chap, (except for the 9 man Accrington bit perhaps). Just shows that it seems there is no need to be at matches to make sound judgements.

Oct 14, 2015
Oh come on memory man....allow me a bit of gloating..sure if we lost 0-3 my judgement would have been called into question........just gotta know your football :):)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Just a friendly tease - having been going to HP off and on since 1957 I have learned to get neither too excited nor too down! My understanding is that the reserve goalkeeper will be treated just as if he was playing. In truth, from the information I had seen I too thought they were down to nine.